Introducing myself.

snakeriveridaho

Hello everyone, 

My name is Kirk. I live in Twin Falls, Idaho with my wife of 31 years. We are empty nesters and currently have a Black series HQ15. Overall, we are satisfied with the HQ15 with the major exception of the trailer not good for winter camping. So, we are looking to upgrade to an Oliver Elite II. 

We camp a lot with a mixture of boondocking and established parks.  We mostly camp around the west with occasional trips to Arkansas. We would be driving to Nova Scotia this September but the new Covid variant made us cancel the trip. 

My wife wife and I also do a lot of cycling, some fishing, cooking, kayaking, BBQing, and enjoy beer (mostly IPAs) and wine. 

We are excited about the possibility of a new Oliver!

Take care, 

Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

12 minutes ago, Kirk Peterson said:

Hello everyone, 

My name is Kirk. I live in Twin Falls, Idaho with my wife of 31 years. We are empty nesters and currently have a Black series HQ15. Overall, we are satisfied with the HQ15 with the major exception of the trailer not good for winter camping. So, we are looking to upgrade to an Oliver Elite II. 

We camp a lot with a mixture of boondocking and established parks.  We mostly camp around the west with occasional trips to Arkansas. We would be driving to Nova Scotia this September but the new Covid variant made us cancel the trip. 

My wife wife and I also do a lot of cycling, some fishing, cooking, kayaking, BBQing, and enjoy beer (mostly IPAs) and wine. 

Take care, 

Kirk

Welcome!  There is a lot of great information here, and I'm sure you'll find everything you need to convince you that an upgrade to the EII is the right choice!

mb

• Like 2

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome, Kirk.  Hopefully we can help you with your decision making process.  We did have an Elite II owner who sold and went to a Black Series HQ19.  They have impressive interior appointments!  He’s moved on to another Aussie trailer.  He liked his Oliver, just wanted more off road capability and still contributes to the forum occasionally.  Anyway, if you have questions, ask away.  Someone here (or a bunch of someone’s) will be glad to help!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Nice place you're living in.  And, there sure is some pretty country out there.

Welcome to Oliver!  If there is anything that we can do to help you - just let us know.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Kirk:

My wife and I have an Oliver Elite II on order for delivery next summer.  We have found the folks on this forum to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.  It is one of the reasons we ultimately chose to order an Oliver.

When we began investigating Olivers, we quickly learned that they are in high demand.  Used ones sell quickly for close to what they cost initially, and there is presently a 9-to-10 month lag between a new factory order and delivery.

Good luck with your decision.

• Like 3

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Thank for all the greetings!

Mike, we have definitely enjoyed our HQ. However, overall we were not that impressed with off-road capabilities with it. We have our RAM outfitted as an overland vehicle (wiht the help of Nuthouse Industries in Ohio). So, if we head deep into the wilderness, we leave our trailer at home and just go in the truck. 

Rivernerd, nice to already see another Idahoan! 

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 12/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, Kirk Peterson said:

Hello everyone, 

Take care, 

Kirk

Welcome Kirk -- I'm also a relatively new member here on the forum. I've been working with Oliver sales people for over a year and finally 'got in line' last summer, with an Ollie on order for spring 2022 delivery. This forum is full of great people with great questions and great answers! I learn something every time I log on. 

• Like 3

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.