Beacon on the Road.

Mattnan

• Moderators

The first time my wife and I went to Valley of Fire we were stopped at the entrance gate for about an hour.  The "problem" was that the Park was being use to shoot a low budget film involving a race/chase scene on the fairly long straight road that starts right at the entrance.  A McLaren , a Ferrari and a Porsche (whale tail) were chasing each other at speed basically starting at the entrance.  The sound! The speed!  The scenery!  Sure did make that Park even more special.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We arrived in Moab Tuesday afternoon.  Yesterday we did a 2 hour guided off road adventure in a Hummer H1.  Wow, this is our first time doing anything like this.  So cool!  These vehicles seem to go straight up and straight down sone very narrow rock faces.  Yesterday afternoon we toured Arches national park and were there for sunset.  Just amazing.  

Heads up if you're going to Arches after April 2.  The park is implementing a reservation system  for entry to the park.  This is a good time of year to visit Moab.  Not too crowded with temperatures in the mid 50s to mid 60s during the day and 30s at night.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

We made it to Monument Valley on Tuesday after a quick stop at 4 corners on our way from Moab.  We were planning on leaving today to start to wind our way slowly home to Maine.  Well we woke up to 4 plus inches of snow and it is still snowing.  I have no intention of pulling the Ollie over mountain passes in snow so we are staying an extra day.  The forecast called for flurries and a dusting of snow.  The folks in the campground office said they have never seen this much snow. It is suposed to drop to 11 degrees tonight.  A neighbor needed to borrow my ladder as his slideout awning was binding up with snow.  He helped me sweep of our Ollie solar panels too.  It worked out well for both of us. Hopefully we can head toward Maine with several stops on the way tomorrow!!??  

20220308_153232.jpg

20220308_153045.jpg

20220310_083324.jpg.f63178a997844bc81f9fbe16c0ed45ab - mattnan upside down (2).jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Thanks for flipping my last picture.  Not sure how that happens.  It has warmed up to 34 and that will be the high for the day.  Down to the mid teens tonight.  We got some melt.  Not the best photo with this very old android phone but I bet few have seen Monument Valley like this.  

mattnan3 (2).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mattnan said:

Thanks for flipping my last picture.  Not sure how that happens.  It has warmed up to 34 and that will be the high for the day.  Down to the mid teens tonight.  We got some melt.  Not the best photo with this very old android phone but I bet few have seen Monument Valley like this.  20220310_140340.thumb.jpg.c5e657d5dfd08f9b608bdcef287e59de.jpg

That's a view that I haven't seen before.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived back in Maine after leaving Nashville on Sunday.  The Ollie is back in its barn!  4 months and 12,000 plus miles without incident.  No issues with the Ollie in temperature ranging from the mid 90s to 5 degrees.  Elevation from sea level to over 8000 feet.  We saw and experienced a lot.  We have achieved what we set out to do when we purchased the trailer.

Our plans were fulfilled.  We will begin preparing for summer on the coast of Maine.  

We will be making some changes so we will be following our original plan and listing the Olliver for sale very soon. 

This was our plan all along after this trip.  We will be including some extras that will be helpful and cost saving for a new owner.  Oliver provided full service on the trailer in December.  Keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds on this forum and on the Olliver Facebook forum.  We expect to be listing the trailer soon!!!  

Thanks 

oliver1 (2).jpg

Edited by topgun2
Topgu2 rotated pic
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Sorry to hear that you are going to sell her!

However, I sure could use that Ollie garage!

Bill

Thanks that was the plan when we purchased the trailer.  We are a year late due to covid.  We have a new grandson and hopefully we will do some international travel.  So glad we purchased an Oliver 

• Like 3

• Moderators

We will miss your great travel posts and photos, but I  understand. 

You're not the first, nor I'm sure the last, to complete your Oliver travel goals, and decide to offer up your trailer so someone else can do the same.

Congratulations on the new grandson. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Beacon is back on the road today heading to Ohio.  She has a new owners and it was a bit sad to see Beacon turn up the hill out of the barn driveway.  We have some terrific memories.  The new owner arrived late last night around 11:30 and he slept in Beacon in the barn.  We spent the morning and early afternoon going over the trailer, finalizing paperwork, and getting a temporary transit plate for the trip back to Akron.  Sorry for the shadow in the photo! It is wired having an empty barn!!!  We will miss our adventures, but on to new ones!!

Look for #537 Beacon on the road.  The new owners are contemplating keeping the name and graphics.

20220411_123832.jpg

• Like 3