Oliver's white interior

topgun2

• Moderators

Over the years there have been multiple discussions about the white interior of the Oliver Travel Trailer - some like it, some don't.

In this morning's newspaper there was the article below concerning how to get creative with whites.  I don't think there is anything really "new" here but our recent discussions concerning stick on tiles seems to indicate that there are those that are very interested in this decorating.

Bill

p.s.  personally, I really like the last suggestion.

P1030021 (2).JPG

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We are into White, all our vehicles are white with gray interiors.  The Oliver was ordered with the standard White countertops and Gray trim cloth seat covers, (a savings of $1800). The White interior is pretty classy and has a look of a  luxury interior, or that's  what visitors say who go inside and see it. At delivery from Oliver, Phil told us that Mr. Oliver said,  it's too nice and good looking to give it away and not charge for it.  Since Oliver packages there interiors in packages today I'm not sure how White interiors are done today, but a call to Oliver should give you your answer. 

trainman 

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

I love the white interiors of the Oliver -- it's the first thing that struck me when I stepped foot inside last year. It's a modern style, fitting with the entire design, but in addition to that it adds a great deal of reflected light, one of the things that makes the Oliver so special. Most trailers feel constricted inside; the Oliver's white interior FEELS much bigger in large part due to the reflected light. Bright colors introduced through bedspreads, pillows and small items will be plenty to keep me happy. I'm considering using a piece of  Marimekko fabric that I've had since college, for one of my bedspreads. Something like this: 

https://www.marimekko.com/com_en/kotiin/kankaat/puuvillakankaat/siirtolapuutarha-cotton-fabricwhite-green-black-063267-160

Here is the US storefront: 

https://www.marimekko.com/us_en/home/fabric/all-fabric

• Like 4

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

I have a thing for classic sci fi design, so for me the Ollie’s white moulded fiberglass interior was like a childhood fantasy come true.  In fact I almost named the trailer Alpha Moonbase at one point, and I would have put a red Enterprise stripe down the side except it looked too much like the Scamp graphics.  (I did keep a subtle Star Trek reference in the final graphics, but I doubt anyone would ever catch it.)

The great thing about the white interior is that it’s a blank canvas, and so easily changed if you ever get tired of your decor.  Maybe one day I’ll redo everything like this - 

44CB4A49-42EC-4A57-A6C6-3400A90BE8D3.jpeg.46c690d9be4b66950aa747538a6db4d4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

White is Right.

After ordering our 2017 Ollie II, I contacted our local Toyota dealer asking them to keep an eye out for a used Tundra, saying it could be any color as long as it was white. After purchasing the 2012 Tundra, I ordered a camper shell in the same color. Yes, the white interior gives it a more spacious feel, as do our mirrored cabinets. White is Right.

2017-06-17_13-36-17_504.jpeg

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Overland said:

(I did keep a subtle Star Trek reference in the final graphics, but I doubt anyone would ever catch it.)

That was very subtle!  I never made the connection before.

Mossey

1724476403_Image12-9-21at4_08PM.jpg.cf519f432584cd4c0ee9ecbe4b03cfae.jpg

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

As a lifelong Trekkie it's killing me that I don't see it! Now that I think about it, Tribble would be a cute name for an Ollie. Cute little round funball.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

2017-06-17_13-36-17_504.jpeg

Spike:

I plan to tow an Elite II scheduled for delivery next summer with a 2019 Tundra.  At the risk of highjacking this thread, I would like to ask:  It is hard for me to tell from the above photo, but it appears to me that you are not using an Andersen WD hitch with your 2012 Tundra towing an LE II?  Is that correct?  If so, I presume you have had no issues without the WD system?

Also, if not a WD system, what tow ball mount are you using?  I presume the tailgate clears the coupler?  As I presently plan to upgrade to the 2-5/16" Bulldog coupler, and some with Ford F150 tow vehicles have reported tailgate clearance issues with that coupler, I am keenly focused on tailgate-to-coupler clearance issues with a Tundra/LE II combination.

I look forward to your reply!

Edited by Rivernerd
typo
  • Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
On 12/9/2021 at 1:09 PM, Boudicca908 said:

I love the white interiors of the Oliver -- it's the first thing that struck me when I stepped foot inside last year. It's a modern style, fitting with the entire design, but in addition to that it adds a great deal of reflected light, one of the things that makes the Oliver so special. Most trailers feel constricted inside; the Oliver's white interior FEELS much bigger in large part due to the reflected light. Bright colors introduced through bedspreads, pillows and small items will be plenty to keep me happy. I'm considering using a piece of  Marimekko fabric that I've had since college, for one of my bedspreads. Something like this: 

https://www.marimekko.com/com_en/kotiin/kankaat/puuvillakankaat/siirtolapuutarha-cotton-fabricwhite-green-black-063267-160

Here is the US storefront: 

https://www.marimekko.com/us_en/home/fabric/all-fabric

I've always enjoyed  Marimekko fabrics. Great start to make the interior "yours."

Btw, love your screen name.

• Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

12 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

I am keenly focused on tailgate-to-coupler clearance issues with a Tundra/LE II combination.

Bill, please forgive me for straying off topic.

Here's an old photo of our past 2016 5.7L Tundra Double Cab tailgate down with a 1/2 lift ball mount with 2" ball. We do not use a WDH with our LE2's ready to camp weight under 5,000lbs with empty tanks except for full 6 gallon hot water heater and tongue weight under 500lbs. Most LE2s are well over 5,000lbs ready to camp. I installed an electronic sway control on Ollie to meet my interpretation of Tundra's operators manual requirement for a trailer sway device for trailers over 2,000lbs. The Tundra handled this trailer great! 

IMG_1503-XL.jpg

Here's our white on white exterior shot taken one January:

IMG_1915-XL.jpg

Here's our new White Ollie shades:

IMG_6480-L.jpg

:classic_smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

LE2

26 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

Here's an old photo of our past 2016 5.7L Tundra Double Cab tailgate down with a 1/2 lift ball mount with 2" ball.

Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

On 12/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, Overland said:

I'll give you a hint, it's on the side, not the front.  And yeah, it's a very subtle, obscure reference.

IMG_2767.thumb.jpeg.7d285792ae7cabf3a4946f47a4437c51.jpeg

❄️🏈256 

Your subtlety is killing me!

Mossey

• Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 12/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, Rivernerd said:

I would like to ask:  It is hard for me to tell from the above photo, but it appears to me that you are not using an Andersen WD hitch with your 2012 Tundra towing an LE II?  Is that correct?  If so, I presume you have had no issues without the WD system?

Also, if not a WD system, what tow ball mount are you using?  I presume the tailgate clears the coupler?  As I presently plan to upgrade to the 2-5/16" Bulldog coupler, and some with Ford F150 tow vehicles have reported tailgate clearance issues with that coupler,

That is right, we don't use the Andersen. No problems with sway, but shortly after this photo was taken, I did install the Hayes Sway Master. It senses sway and applies the trailer brakes when it does. It has only engaged twice since I've installed it--once when the trailer hit a pot hole on a turn, and once when I had to swerve to miss a car driven be a teenage girl texting on the freeway that swerved into my lane. 

We still have the original (2017) bulldog coupler and have no problem opening the Tundra's tailgate. With the Sway Master and a good tire pressure monitoring system, I feel rather confident about towing the Ollie with these two safety additions. 

IMG_6006.JPG

• Thanks 1

Onward through the Fog!

14 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Here's our new White Ollie shades

I would like to switch out our yellowish shades that came with our 2017 model with the white ones. Did you order them from Oliver? Also, if you don't mind telling me, what was the approximate cost of the upgrade? 

By the way, I took my shades off, tightened the their clutching ability by placing small dry wall anchors in the corners to stretch the strings to increase the tension. I also used pliers to tighten the clamps, for our shades tended work their way loose. After that, I placed them back on the frames but upside down from the way they were placed at the factory. This allows for more privacy: When putting them partially up, folks outside might see your face but not your middle. Also when traveling with the shades down, when one steps inside the cabin it is full of light .

• Like 2

Onward through the Fog!

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I would like to switch out our yellowish shades that came with our 2017 model with the white ones. Did you order them from Oliver? Also, if you don't mind telling me, what was the approximate cost of the upgrade? 

By the way, I took my shades off, tightened the their clutching ability by placing small dry wall anchors in the corners to stretch the strings to increase the tension. I also used pliers to tighten the clamps, for our shades tended work their way loose. After that, I placed them back on the frames but upside down from the way they were placed at the factory. This allows for more privacy: When putting them partially up, folks outside might see your face but not your middle. Also when traveling with the shades down, when one steps inside the cabin it is full of light .

We were visiting Oliver for something else, but decided to buy new shades while there on our last visit. They said we got the last of the small rear window shades they had. Don't know what year Oliver changed the rear window size.

Always admired the white shades when Oliver starting installing them! When we purchased them believe cost was around $800, think the price has increased since then.

Here's photos of our old & new shades for comparison:

IMG_2241-XL.jpg

IMG_2257-L.jpg

IMG_6480-L.jpg

Thinking about a set of wheels installed on new Ollies right now, just a thought for now. :classic_smile:

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Jaguar-Aluminum-Wheel

• Thanks 1

LE2

5 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Thinking about a set of wheels installed on new Ollies right now, just a thought for now. :classic_smile:

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Jaguar-Aluminum-Wheel

I really like the fully painted gunmetal ones, or even the fully painted black ones.  Very classy

• Like 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• 2 months later...

Is the only size window that changed the rear window?  We have a 2016 Oliver LEII.  I called Oliver and asked about ordering the new ones and was told the size had changed.  I didn't think to ask if that was for all windows or all but rear.

Thanks for the info.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II.  2021 Ford F250 Diesel

• Moderators

I think that would be a better question for Oliver, in a service ticket, with vin number, and hull #.  

I don't know if any of us could give you a definitive answer. 

I wish we could. 

And, are you discussing shades, or windows?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.