Delivery date?

snakeriveridaho

Hello everyone, 

Carrie and I are in line for an Elite 2! Our delivery date is estimated September 6, 2022. My job requires planning way ahead to schedule time off. Does someone know how close the production is to meeting their estimated date of delivery?  Right now I was considering allowing a month wiggle room and schedule my time off starting October 7th. I am aware that any date would have some uncertainty, especially with current supply issues. Any opinions on whether this should be adequate? I could push it to early November also. 

Thanks for any information!

Kirk

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

The scheduled delivery date for our Elite II is September 8, 2022.

I presume you are scheduling time off to drive to Hohenwald and accept delivery.  If so, October 7 is more than a month too late.

Although Oliver has recently experienced some pandemic-driven supply chain issues that required postponement of delivery dates by a week or two at the most, I am advised that is highly unusual.  Oliver has a long track record of on-time delivery.  When I spoke to Oliver Sales Manager Rodney Lomax a few weeks ago, he advised he fully expects deliveries to be right on schedule next summer.  I believe him.  We have reserved a campsite at David Crockett State Park for September 9-11, so we have a few days after the first night at the Oliver factory  campsite to do a thorough shake down.

It is my understanding that Oliver expects you to accept delivery on the scheduled date.  I strongly recommend that you schedule your time off beginning no later than September 2, so you have time to make the drive from Twin Falls to Hohenwald with your tow vehicle.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Oliver was spot on the date they gave us which was October 21st of this year for Hull #924.  I haven't heard anything on this forum about Oliver being being late or missing a delivery.  If anything, they have been a early sometimes but if that is the case, they would notify you and you could possible make arrangements to still pick up your Oliver on the on the original delivery date.  I am sure that if you explained your circumstances, they would work with you.  That's the kind of the great company Oliver is.

Carl

• Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Carl Hansen said:

That's the kind of the great company Oliver is.

Sure enough.

Kirk -   While there is no telling the future - particularly in this strange current world of ours - if I were you, I'd place my chips on the date that Oliver gave you.  I'd probably also send an email to my sales rep detailing the issues that would arise in the event of a missed delivery date.  If something would happen by which either party could not deliver or take delivery on or very close to the original date then there would be a paper trail to a starting point from which proper fair settlement of any additional expenses (motels, shipping, costs of travel, storage, etc.) could be calculated.

Good luck.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Kirk,
We ordered our LEII last March with a delivery date of 2/1/22, there was a period a couple months ago that the date moved ahead to 1/24/21 but the supply issue moved it back to the original date. I wouldn’t worry too much about Oliver missing their commitment by more than a couple days tops. I would just contact them when you’re at your employer’s cut off for requesting a September vacation.

Steve

• Like 2

Steve, Ann & Hank (Boyken Spaniel)
Elite II Twin  “Camp Barky”  2021 Ram 1500 5.7L

Greenwood, SC

We are scheduled to pickup our LEII on 1/18/22.  Our original delivery date was 1/7/22, however, we were notified 3-4 weeks ago of the new delivery date, caused by supply issues.  I received a phone call from the assistant sales manager.  This change did not cause us any particular problems.  Actually, I view the new date as more desirable, being on a Tuesday, rather than Friday.  Should we encounter any delivery issues, I would rather not have to wait over a weekend for resolution.

Also, since we have a winter delivery, I had inquired how Oliver handled delayed deliveries.  If memory serves, Oliver will store your trailer for 45 days at no charge.  Beyond that there is a nominal charge.  Your sales person should be able to provide details.

Don

• Like 4

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

Great information! Thanks everyone for the informative replies! I will move my scheduled time off to their delivery dat and let them know of my situation. 

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Thanks to the OP for the question and all others for replies!

Regards delay -- I placed my order last June, and received an email notifying me of a delay -- but it was only a 3-day delay. 

Reading this has lit a fire for me, because my delivery date is March 28th and I haven't even thought about reserving a camping spot for my trek home! I'm still trying to land the TV and I guess I need to be multi-tasking. :) 

• Like 3

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

• Moderators

@Boudicca908, you do, indeed, have some stuff to do, but I'm sure you'll get it done.

I think you said you're in SW Florida. As you're looking at campsites for the return "trek home,"  I'd suggest looking at the route from Hohenwald going through Dothan, Alabama, and then on, and compare.

The traffic and scenery through Alabama,  vs going through Atlanta (which we truly try to avoid) is much nicer, especially if you can drive through Birmingham on the weekend.

The trip from Hohenwald to Tampa, for example,  is about 6 miles and roughly 20 minutes longer via Alabama than via Atlanta, and much prettier, and less stressful,  imo. More small towns, less true interstate, more limited highways, and we see a little bit of the beautiful farming country of the south.

Plus, you can stop and see the Saturn rocket at the rest area near Huntsville. 😊  (Everyone tends to  thinks first about Houston ground control  and Cape Canaveral when they think of the space program, but Alabama folks were an integral part of getting us to the moon. And, five women who were Alabama  space camp grads went on to become astronauts. )

Whatever you do, plan to spend several days near Hohenwald,  to try absolutely everything. Leave a cushion in reservations if you need to have anything tweeked. You won't be disappointed camping in Tennessee in spring for a few days. My favorite seasons there are spring, and fall.

Honestly,  camping in Tennessee is wonderful,  and if you have the time, explore several parks. Their state park system is a joy,  imo. You should find plenty of availability  in TN in late March/early April.  Florida,  not quite as easy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We’re confident that the folks at Oliver are doing their best to keep deliveries on schedule.  When we initiated our order in February, we were told our LE2 would be ready for delivery December 15. By the time we put down our production line deposit in September the delivery date had been moved up to November 29, so we made our travel plans accordingly. Oliver contacted us about a month before our trip with the news that #969 wouldn’t be ready until January 3 due to supply chain issues. We have to plan ahead for time off from work, so we hope this date is firm.

• Like 2

Steve H & Mary Allyn W

San Antonio, TX

2022 LE II Hull #969 "Un Œuf", 2021 MB Sprinter 3500 "Polly", 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8L diesel "Max"

17 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

More small towns, less true interstate, more limited highways, and we see a little bit of the beautiful farming country of the south.

@SeaDawg -- the road less travelled has made all the difference!

When I drive north from southwest Florida, I typically head inland and go "up the gut" as I like to say -- meandering on Rt 17 through the small towns of Arcadia, Zolfo Springs, Wauchula, Bartow (home of FL DOT), at which point I either stay easterly on 17 or hook westerly on 98; I always try to dodge I-4, "the beast" of metropolitan Orlando. Most of my treks to the west did not involve camping, but I seem to remember a nice park on the barrier islands (if not booked already) to the north of Crystal River. And I've camped at Manatee Springs several time in winter. 

I will begin to study that Hohenwald to Tampa jaunt, since most of Tennessee will be new to me. I've tent camped many times in western sections of Georgia and North Carolina, close to the Tennessee border, but didn't pay attention to the trailer access because tent camping is so easy I never thought about it (haha - the joke's on me). And I love your idea about booking something close to Hohenwald for a spell, as I break my brain into the flow of different habits and routines. This will be a totally new adventure, in so many ways! Thanks for the great suggestions, always appreciated. 

• Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

will begin to study that Hohenwald to Tampa jaunt

When I am heading north or south on US 98 to or from the Oliver rally at Guntersville Lake State Park or Huntsville for dog test, I like to stay at Falling Waters, Torreya or Three Rivers State Parks in Florida or Eastbank COE campground near Bainbridge, GA.  If I’m in a hurry I will head for White Oak Creek, a COE campground just south of Eufaula, AL when heading north.  And the Cracker Barrel near Montgomery, AL is very friendly to overnight guest and the garbage truck comes through about 5AM giving me an early start.

I'll try any road as long as it keeps me off of I-75.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, mossemi said:

I'll try any road as long as it keeps me off of I-75.

Me, too.

@mossemi, have you tried 301? We've only taken it as far as south of Ocala, and then get back on the dreaded i75 to Tampa. I75 is usually pretty congested, but by the time we get to Ocala, we just want to "get home" and suck it up. Traffic lightens for awhile at the turnpike break, and stinks again later. But, we've found us 19 to be really awful the last 3 or 4 years, so we don't do that anymore. 

I think you're traveling from further east, so have better advice for @Boudicca908. We have to get west, so not so many choices.

@Kirk Peterson, I  apologize for the thread drift. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I think you're traveling from further east, so have better advice for @Boudicca908. We have to get west, so not so many choices.

The Veterans Express is about 2 miles west of us.  So we take it north or south, going or coming to/from US 98.  98 to 19 and it’s usually clear sailing from Crystal River.

If we are heading up the east coast then 301 comes into play after 75 to 326 north of Ocala.  Although I like Georgia State Parks in general, they are expensive.  So North Florida camping at 50% off have my attention.

And of course US 41 is an option, it was all we had before I-75, when heading to Illinois to visit Gramma and Grampa.

Mossey

ditto:

@Kirk Peterson, I  apologize for the thread drift.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”