964 is home

Frank-n-Val

We picked up our LE2 last Wednesday, Dec 8, and took 3 days to return home (near San Antonio, Tx).  We had a great trip; weather turned out better than forecast. Really impressed with the camper thus far, and it tows great!

Here is a picture an Oliver employee took. I intended to post this on delivery day, but I never could get additional photos to attach right side up (what’s the secret?).

Frank

6F4534FF-1016-4A34-AADD-80680661982B.thumb.jpeg.e029e46cab1f06701121444f22fdd299.jpeg

• Like 11

Near Seguin, TX

2020 F250 6.7 power stroke; 2022 LE2 #964

• Moderators

"Home is where you park it"?

Glad everything worked out for you.  I saw in this morning's paper that today's high temp in Hohenwald is forecast to be 63 degrees and sunny.  Not bad for December 13th!

Nice looking Ollie (aren't they all?) - it did take me a moment to figure out what that "new ducting" was on the top though 😊.

RE the flipped photos - my guess is that you are using an Apple product to take those photos.  If that is the case then I trust that another Forum member that uses Apple will chime in here with the secret.  Until then - go ahead and post you photos and one of the Moderators will flip them for you via an external photo editing program.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Yep, the iPhone photo problem seems to be that there’s info in the photo that says which way is up, but the forum software apparently doesn’t check. If I remember right, the ‘trick’ is to use the edit function on the phone to rotate the photo 360 degrees and save it. 

• Like 2

Exciting! Congratulations! 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Frank-n-Val

How level was that Oliver Service site?

At first it appeared to be a bit sloped downward towards the front of the site, but, in looking at your hitch and the distance off the ground, it appears fairly level.  Also, most other pics I've seen of this have shown people using the sites away from the fence (Service building).  How was camping there?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill, we had site #1, which they gave us, but the young lady did say we were the only ones in the park so we could have had our pick. It was level side to side, but sloped downward front to back. My hitch ball was at 25” unhooked, and I believe the truck squatted at least 1.5” from the LE2’s tongue weight, so it should have been level. However the trailer was nose high on hookup, so I got service to reverse the ball (from .5” lift to 2” drop, so a 2.5” total drop), which appears to have made the trailer almost level (judging from the bubble level on the LE2).  There may be a slight nose down attitude. 

Camping was great—very quiet and convenient. Allowed us to have service over on the hitch adjustment and me to ask a couple other questions. 

Frank

• Like 4

Near Seguin, TX

2020 F250 6.7 power stroke; 2022 LE2 #964