Ollie parking near Naples FL

Skigator

Merry Christmas Ollie Clan !

We are picking up Hull #985 , on 11 Jan 22.  Slowly heading to various spots in Florida before a return home to upstate NY @ end of Feb.

Planning on visiting friends in a gated community in south Naples that does not allow RV's.  We are looking for suggestions as to places to park the Ollie while visit/stay with them.

Any ideas ??

Thanks .

Cheers !!

Ed 

• Like 1

We have our Ollie parked at Hideaway Storage of Naples on Progress Ave near Naples Airport. I worked the deal out with the manager Chris.  $20 per day cash.  No paperwork.  I think we will be ok. We parked the Ollie yesterday and will pick it up on Sunday before we head north toward Venice.   Lots of rv, boats and trailers, over 200 spots.  Also saw 3 Airstreams.   We are stored outside on the middle of the lot.  There are a number of class A Pushers stored there.  6 cameras.  Seems like an ok area.  They are busy and I arranged this in April.  Tell Chris you have a trailer like Matt from Maine. We found getting temporary storage challenging.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Hi Matt 

Merry Christmas 🎄

12 degrees this morning, here in Cambridge NY …..,bbbbrrrrr. Enjoy the warmth of Florida! 
Thanks for the info on storage .  Plans will depend on staying or not staying at friends house in Naples . I will give the storage manager ,  Chris a call if we need to store the Ollie for a few days . 
My cell # 518 488 8671 .  Let me know how the storage goes for you . 
Safe travels……..

Cheers !! 
ed 

Picked up our Ollie from Hideaway Storage on Sunday morning.  The trailer was just as we left it.  No issues.  We left the fan on at 10% and it was 79 outside and 74 inside.  We were in direct sun and no surprise the agm batteries were fully charged.  This worked out well.  I would do this again if we needed to store short term again in Naples.

We leave Oscar Scherer State Park near Venice Florida for Suwnee River State Park in Live Oak the morning.  Oscar Scherer State Park is in an excellent location and is well kept.  The spots are a bit tight but private with lots of vegetation between sites and good shade.  I would stay here again for sure.  

• Like 2

Hi Matt 🤗

thanks for the update .  Our Naples ‘ friend might have a storage place near them ….. will keep your info handy!  
Please give me a jingle sometime in the future.   We are newbie’s to this camper adventure !  My wife wants to explore more of Maine . 
Cheers 🤟🎣🐟

Ed 

Picked up our Ollie from Hideaway Storage on Sunday morning.  The trailer was just as we left it.  No issues.  We left the fan on at 10% and it was 79 outside and 74 inside.  We were in direct sun and no surprise the agm batteries were fully charged.  This worked out well.  I would do this again if we needed to store short term again in Naples.

We leave Oscar Scherer State Park near Venice Florida for Suwnee River State Park in Live Oak the morning.  Oscar Scherer State Park is in an excellent location and is well kept.  The spots are a bit tight but private with lots of vegetation between sites and good shade.  I would stay here again for sure.  

Awesome  give me a call or pm when you're ready to plan. I think there are 14 or more Oliver owners in Maine.  If you are planning anything on the Coast south of Acadia National Park for summer or Fall I would recommend making reservations as soon as you can.  This also goes for the state parks especially Sebago lake, Baxter State Park, Wolf's Neck and others.  Moorhead and Rangely lakes regions also fill up.  There are lots of harvest host locations.  We like the HH brewery in Boothbay.  We are just up the coast from Boothbay right next to Pemaquid Beach.  A hidden gem.  

• Like 3