Leveling Your Ollie

Coach and JoJo

On 12/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, SeaDawg said:

I saw the levelmate pro on @Mike D.'s trailer. Pretty sweet gear. 

If I were traveling alone, I'd probably get one. 

This was one of the first things I installed, since I do find myself traveling solo on occasion.  Combined with the Anderson levelers, getting set up in camp has never been easier.  Definitely one of those things that makes me say "How did I go so many years without it?"

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

I have the levelmate pro. I velcroed it inside the coat closet. Worked great the first week. I'm experiencing frequent loss of connections though. Generally while I'm in the cab backing onto my levelers. However, even when I'm at the hitch I seem to lose the connection for the hitch height return. I can't imagine it's the batteries already, but I haven't checked. When it's working, wow does it make things easy!

• Like 2

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

• Moderators

Dave - 

In reading the Amazon reviews for the Levelmate Pro, there are several reviews that claim it really "eats through batteries".  And there was at least one review that claimed the battery was not held very tightly inside the case.  I'd check to make sure that the battery is where it should be.

While the battery issue just might also be the cause of the signal loss - you might try moving the Levelmate to a higher location in order to improve the signal strength.

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, DaveAndBecky_NorthernMI said:

X-Chocks

Any you using these for additional stability and to prevent rolling? Still use normal chocks too when unhooking.

If I have to have trailer tires up on legos to level, then I use an X-chock type between the tires for safety and stability.  The normal chocks won’t work when up on legos.  If all four tires are on the ground I usually don’t use them. Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

6 hours ago, Dave Mazone said:

I have the levelmate pro. I velcroed it inside the coat closet. Worked great the first week. I'm experiencing frequent loss of connections though. Generally while I'm in the cab backing onto my levelers. However, even when I'm at the hitch I seem to lose the connection for the hitch height return. I can't imagine it's the batteries already, but I haven't checked. When it's working, wow does it make things easy!

I had an issue and it was definitely a dead battery.  Replaced it and all was good again.  And now I remember to switch it off when it isn't in use, rather than rely on the auto-shutoff.

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

We purchased the Leveler-Pro and mounted it using VHB tape to the wall inside the garage door.  That way we can "see" any needed tweaks to level on the Bluetooth app while adjusting the rear stabilizing jacks.  Easy setup, easy to use.  We liked it so much that we bought another one as a Christmas present for a friend as she was always bickering and he was always tinkering to get their TT level.

And we use the Andersons.

image.thumb.png.543ff24a2773ec73ad8edb3cc95ed794.png 

• Like 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4