Solving the Fiberglass Sliver Problem

VBistro

I posted a little while back that @MarkVgot a nasty little sliver from some rough fiberglass in the compartment under the curbside bed while we were winterizing.  I noticed that Oliver had trimmed out the exposed fiberglass in the pantry, so I emailed them and they kindly provided me a link to this Outwater Plastics product:

I ordered 2 packages, which wasn't quite enough to cover the 4 underbed openings, but we did manage to protect all of the edges that were the most likely to give us slivers.  Easy to cut (PVC cutter worked like a charm).  The only thing we noticed was that some of the exposed edges are a little thinner than others, so the fit wasn't as tight as we would have liked in a few places -- we simply used a few pieces of duct tape under the opening, so it isn't visible.  I'm pretty happy with the result!

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Thanks for the link Mary Beth. That looks great! 

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305