Censorship

katanapilot

I posted recently in the thread about the generator ban in California. Apparently one of the moderators was offended by some information I stated about lithium batteries, coal fired power plants, etc. so they removed my post and closed the thread. Stating that the post was “political” was disingenuous in my opinion. 

I really thought this forum was different, allowing contrary views and opinions. I guess it’s not. Reminds me of the SOB forum I used to belong to - posts that didn’t praise the brand were often removed or the poster was pilloried even if they had a bad experience with their motor home or trailer.

It’s been enjoyable being here until now. Thanks for all the good information, advice and opinions you have shared. Given that I don’t share the view(s) that one of the moderators insists upon, it’s time to move on…

• The topic was locked

No one was offended but this is a good opportunity to remind everyone of the forum guidelines, which I’ve linked to below. Inflammatory content, which includes politics, is taboo. If you want to talk politics, there are quite a few spots on the internet where you can do just that.

Also, as an FYI, if anyone ever has any issues with moderation here on the forum, the correct course of action is to send a PM to the moderators.  It’s often that posts come across in a way that was unintended, and that’s why the moderator team hides posts rather than delete them.  This gives the poster the opportunity to speak with us; and perhaps if needed, make some wording changes that bring the post in line with the guidelines so that it can be unhidden.

Forum Guidelines

• Like 5

• This topic was unlocked and locked
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, katanapilot said:

I really thought this forum was different, allowing contrary views and opinions. I guess it’s not. Reminds me of the SOB forum I used to belong to - posts that didn’t praise the brand were often removed or the poster was pilloried even if they had a bad experience with their motor home or trailer.

I think you realize from many posts, this is actually untrue. And, probably,  just a kneejerk reaction to your post being hidden. It was not deleted.. We look for improvements,  through honest reviews and comments. 

We have never, ever deleted or hidden a "problem with a trailer" post. 

We have, from time to time, hidden posts for moderator discussion  that we felt  could possibly trigger a firestorm of political commentary. We're here to share ideas on improvements (as you have, many times) , share camping sites and  fun, and sometimes,  joke around, as well.

Your many posts have been very valuable,  to me and others. I would like you to reconsider @katanapilot bowing our of the forum. We really,  truly just try to avoid politics on this forum.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• The topic was unlocked