Best Trip Ever.....

bugz

So far. We just got back from our second trip in our Oliver. We went back to our property in Hackberry and had the most wonderful time. I know a lot of you will probably groan but it snowed! It's was nothing short of a miracle to me being from a city that never gets snow and barely any rain.

Pancakes in the snow-

http://oliver.hewus.com/Trips/2008/2008 ... 070479.JPG

Then when we were just about frozen we warmed up in our toasty trailer-

http://oliver.hewus.com/Trips/2008/2008 ... 070504.JPG

The furnace kept us nice and warm day and night. My husband said it was too warm but he's crazy :lol: We liked the non-carpeted floors when we bought the trailer but loved them after having snowy, muddy shoes coming in and out all day. It was so nice to sit at the table and eat lunch while looking out the window at the beautiful scenery. The snow was such a novelty that we took about a million pictures. If anyone is bored feel free to check them out at http://oliver.hewus.com

Lisa

Hi Lisa...I read your responses to RV-Bella on the "Open Roads" forum and was really happy that someone who actually has experienced camping in the Oliver had answered her questions. I really think she is interested and hope she gets to see one soon. We are also in AZ...Mesa to be exact and have spent alot of time in Lk Havasu, but we usually take our travel trailer up to the White Montains or Colorado somewhere. I was so impressed with the Oliver and would buy one in a heartbeat but my hubby wants a fiver. We currently have a 24' with a slide, which is plenty big for the 2 of us. I really envy you all that own one. Happy Camping to you...Sandie

WOW...I just spent an hour looking at all your pictures. Every thing looked so beautiful and it just sceams "Fun"! The kids must still be talking about that weekend.

It also shows what type of terrain the "Oliver" can handle.

When I first saw how many people go on your trips I had woundered how you sleep everyone with just the "Oliver". I see that really neat looking older model trailer, is that the "Bunk House"? Appears to to be in really good shape, what year and brand is that?

I'm working on setting up a Photobucket.com account where owners can post their own albums of trips. We have several new owners with great photo skills.

Last but not least, do you think there's enough room on your property for an "Oliver Ralley"? :D

Take care and thanks for sharing the photos.

Buffalo Bob

• Moderators

Hi, Lisa,

Thank you so much for posting all the wonderful pix. Loved the shots of the cactus in the snow. I'm sure you and your family will never forget this second Oliver outing!

Inquiring minds want to know.... Who drew the short straws and had to sleep in the tents in the snow??? :D

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

rvngal - We have lived in AZ for about 20 years and have never been to the White Mountains. It is my dream destination in Arizona and one I insist we go to this summer. Any tips and suggestions are more than welcome. Maybe we could even meet up!

buffalobob - Our friend owns that trailer you saw in the pictures. It's a 1974 Ideal travel trailer 22ft. He has put a lot of work into fixing it up and has done a very nice job.

We are having a driveway and pad cut on the property this week so we can get the trailers up on the ridge as well. I would imagine we have plenty of room to have an Oliver Rally up there!

SeaDawg - One tent was just a place to put extra chairs and such and my husband, niece and nephew slept in the tent because they were pshhh. They said it was nice and warm in their little igloo so that's good. We can all fit in the Oliver but they had never been tent camping before and are having a blast.

Lisa...when you decide to take a trip to the White Mountains, please contact us. We would be happy to meet you guys up there. Then my hubby can get another look at your Oliver. I'm so bummed...I really wanted one. My regular e-mail is sassychimom@aol.com or you can e-mail a private at Open Roads forum. I am 19sandie54 on that one and I'm usually always on the travel trailer forum. See ya there.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, this Florida gal had to put on a pair of warm socks and a sweatshirt just to look at all that snow in your photos! And to think, your photos and our photos were taken at about the same time and we are in warm sunshine and short sleeves! I froze the few days we were in Hohenwald ...... brrrrr....... guess Florida has thinned out my blood! Your photos were great, I spent one winter at the Grand Canyon and another winter in Telluride CO, so I met snow a time or two in my adult life..... nice to look at... but...! I grew up in it raised on a farm in Northfield NH, but moved to Florida when I was 9 ! As a kid, it was fun in the snow........ skating, sledding, all that fun stuff. As an adult.... all that and icy roads too! LOL! Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

Geri

We went back to the property last weekend and it was completely different weather in just a weeks time. The snow really was sort of a freak thing but really nice. Here is a picture from Sunday.

http://oliver.hewus.com/Trips/2008/2008 ... 070694.JPG

It was in the mid 70's and no wind. We were up there checking out our new driveway and pad which by the way will give us plenty of room for a rally! :)

Lisa

Chuck,

Wayne says he barely feels the trailer towing with the Jeep. He does have to downshift on steep inclines of course but it pulls really well. Last Sunday we were towing uphill in the wind so our gas mileage wasn't the best but there wasn't any sway. We made up for the heavy use of gas on the way back too.

I hope you make it out this way. You would love it I am sure!

Lisa

• Moderators

Wow, Bugz,

You post one amazing set of photos after another.... thank you so much!!

I love the layered mountain views from your property... It has to be a really fun experience to be out there. Sure would be fun if you decide to have a rally there....

PS did your brother-in-law have any comments on the shower door?

Thanks for sharing...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry,

Yes it's really beautiful there. I wish I could stay longer than a weekend but I have to pay for it somehow :-)

My brother-in-law was supposed to come last weekend but his wife was hit hard with allergies so they didn't make it. He said he was going to take our door and send it to a glass manufacturer and have a vinyl backing put on it. He also said we could try and do that ourselves but it would not look as nice and would probably have bubbles.

He's going to try and get out this way to go camping with us within the next month or so and I will get him to look at it then.

Lisa

Chuck,

My husband, a former glazier, said to check with a glass shop because someone does make a silvering sealer, We are going to hold out for the vinyl backing just to see how that works.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, :D

Looking for extra strength also that the urethane epoxy might/would give the door. :roll:

Have ya'll done any LED bulb changing in your halogen lights? If so, do you know the bulb size or an LED supplier??. Used LEDs very successfully in my Casita! :geek:

Regards!! Chuck 8-)

Chuck,

Actually yes we have been messing with the LED bulbs. We tested out a white and a warm white. I really like the G4 warm white even though it isn't as bright so I think we are going to go with those. We got them from http://stores.ebay.com/LEDwholesalers-Inc

We posted some pictures so you can kind of see the difference between the two.

http://oliver.hewus.com/index.cgi?mode= ... r%20Lights

Hope that is of some help!

Lisa