Showermi$er

Steph and Dud B

This is a great idea for saving water while boondocking. Would love to see Oliver add this to their trailers:

"Several RVs feature a SHOWERMI$ER system. You can flip a lever and the water that would otherwise come into the shower gets diverted directly back into the fresh water tank while waiting for the hot water."

https://aquaviewinc.com/rv/

• Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I think that from Oliver’s standpoint, if they we’re to go though the trouble of plumbing a recirculating line back to the fresh tank, then they might as well plumb it back to the water heater and just offer the Truma Comfort Plus as standard.

But from a modification standpoint, I think it’s an interesting idea to plumb back to the fresh tank. Although I think you’d end up with a better looking solution just using a standard shower diverter valve - that little section of exposed blue pipe is a bit weird.  I think you could do the plumbing all within the vanity with only the handle exposed, mounted to the right of the caddy.

Might create a small campground flood if you inadvertently opened that valve while hooked to city water. 😂

Would be interesting to see someone tackle it.  Of course, if you go that far…

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Overland said:

Might create a small campground flood if you inadvertently opened that valve while hooked to city water. 😂

And, you've wasted a lot of propane. I've read about that happening on Forest River forums. 

I've been watching this since it was introduced,  five or six years ago. Like Overland,  I thought the exposed length of blue thetmal color changing tubing was ugly, and looked like a shoddy install.

You'll find a wealth of comments on forest river forums. Some are happy, many say it doesn't work well with an instantaneous water heater.  That, i don't know.

As much as I  think it's a plausible solution, correctly installed, I'll stick with collecting cold water in a kettle, and use it for dishes . (Heat it on the stove.)

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.