Urine tank

Saw this online. "Jason Epperson from RVMiles replaced the toilet in their new fifth wheel with a composting toilet but then plumbed the urine into the gray tank." What a great idea. Oliver could get rid of the urine bottle on the composting toilet and pipe the urine into the unused black tank. Then, just dump the urine when you dump your gray. (Might need an extra port near the toilet to add some tank chemicals to the urine tank to control odors.)

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderator+

So, his gray water suddenly becomes black water, hmmm...

The other idea sounds ok though.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Had the Natures Head Composting Toilet option selected on my 2022 Elite (canceled) build, after I found & purchased a 2020 Elite #643 with the standard toilet.  Have found the black tank fills first & need to break camp to dump.  Researched converting the Elite to composting, but hate the thought of removing a perfectly good toilet system.  The thought of cutting & drilling fiberglass, plumbing, plus adding wiring, not to mention the $1,000 + cost. 
My personal solution: Modify my standard toilet with a urine diverting bottle system & extend the black tank capacity. Mission accomplished @ a low cost.

image.thumb.png.1a11f939ffeab9c41fd8eb80797fbca1.png

• Like 2

Since we don't Boondock, but have for one night at Walmart parking lot just because on no camping sites available. As far as a Composting Toilet I have seen one, but didn't feel I would ever want one, plus you need to get a Honey Wagon and no need to unhook at the campsite and hall your trailer to the dump station. As far as rearranging your trailer plumbing just to pee seems a little overdoing it, especially when there are other options, if you get my drift. 

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RBD said:

Mission accomplished @ a low cost.

This is a trick I learned while tent camping in Alaska.  You never want to unzip a tent door in the middle of the night, because you’ll never get back to sleep with all of the mosquitoes you let in.  And it’s really cheap. Now if I could just get Krunch to use this bottle, I’d really be saving black tank capacity.😉

Mossey

46DB499E-CF9C-41D9-9671-0C3499727403.thumb.jpeg.b1d1d8041fee4dae3a9c8b61f2c2ee13.jpeg

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Agree the Honey Wagon is  good solution for most with the standard toilet.  Unfortunately I do not have the room, the Elite has very little storage, so the small truck bed in my GMC Canyon fills quickly with camping supplies & those wagons are big and bulky.

31 minutes ago, RBD said:

Agree the Honey Wagon is  good solution for most with the standard toilet.  Unfortunately I do not have the room, the Elite has very little storage, so the small truck bed in my GMC Canyon fills quickly with camping supplies & those wagons are big and bulky.

Strap in on the back of the trailer, one of those carriers with a 2" receiver will carry a lot of stuff. Mine is carried in the pickup bed on my Ram Crew Cab with 2 ebikes, trailer box for trailer setup, and some time firewood. I guess size does matter.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.