Scandvik faucets and showers

SeaDawg

• Moderators

We love our Scandvik faucets and showers in the Oliver. Today, I found out a little info from their website and catalog:

You can order replacement parts (hoses, parts, etc.) as an individual, but only closeout items in entire assemblies, direct from Scandvik. Regular stock assemblies can be ordered online from Yacht Supply Depot at a discount of about 25% off msrp, no freight.

Looking thru the pdf catalog for Scandvik, I discovered a few things I did not know about our showers.

The one in the bathroom has an adjustable aerator. Slide it down for shower (more widespread spray), up for faucet function. The slide valve for closing off the water while soaping up for navy showers is designed to drip a little, to maintain water temperature. It is not a positive shut-off valve like the pressure handle on the outside shower.

The outdoor shower spray handle will flip up for continuous spray without holding the pressure handle down. Ours is the "Euro" model in the catalog.

Scandvik sells a height adjustable slide mount for the combination faucet/showerheads, as well as the mount that we have installed in the trailer.

Our shower and sink faucets/mixers are all brass, chrome-plated on the indoor faucets, and are real marine quality. I like that. They're built to last, like our Oliver trailers.

Sherry

PS There is a single-lever replacement galley faucet in the closeouts today, chrome, for under a hundred dollars. Just an FYI, our indoor shower faucet retails for $200.00, without the mount on the bulkhead.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks for sharing. I am going to add this info to my reference list.

Concerning the showerhead faucet:

It would be good to not hang anything on the showerhead holder except the showerhead. The holder is only connected to the fiberglass wall with a not too long screw. I found out the hard way after I found both on the floor after hanging a not to heavy accessory on the holder for what was supposed to be temporary hanging as I was cleaning and organizing inside.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

a little update...

On the Scandvik website, the Eurostyle sprayer faucet is on closeout for about $85., plus shipping. Sweet deal, since it is $50 more on the distributor websites.

We ordered one for the boat. The closeout model (white) has a chrome twisty covered 5 ft. supply line, instead of the plastic only line of the usual Oliver outside shower faucet. Nice deal. scandvik.com click on closeouts. You'll find it. Sally said they had 10 in stock this morning.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 12 years later...
On 2/4/2010 at 5:23 PM, SeaDawg said:

The one in the bathroom has an adjustable aerator. Slide it down for shower (more widespread spray), up for faucet function. The slide valve for closing off the water while soaping up for navy showers is designed to drip a little, to maintain water temperature. It is not a positive shut-off valve like the pressure handle on the outside shower.

I know this a very old post, but I want to thank you for this info.. I've had my LE2 for a year and a half now and had no idea the bathroom faucet worked this manner to adjust between shower and sink use. Boy do I feel dumb! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Care 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators

No worries. If you're not used to looking for marine features,  why would you know?

Btw, the Scandvik fixtures in our trailer are entering their 16th season. Still bright and shiny, and work as original.  I have no complaints. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

7 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

No worries. If you're not used to looking for marine features,  why would you know?

Btw, the Scandvik fixtures in our trailer are entering their 16th season. Still bright and shiny, and work as original.  I have no complaints. 

Mine still look like brand new, and now I like the way that they work, too!  I came very close to replacing them... glad I searched the forums first!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderator+
10 hours ago, CRM said:

I know this a very old post, but I want to thank you for this info.. I've had my LE2 for a year and a half now and had no idea the bathroom faucet worked this manner to adjust between shower and sink use. Boy do I feel dumb! 🤣

If your outside faucet is the same one, it will also function in this manner. Mine are the same inside and outside and somewhere along the line, I ended up with a spare hand piece.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

6 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

If your outside faucet is the same one, it will also function in this manner. Mine are the same inside and outside and somewhere along the line, I ended up with a spare hand piece.

Unfortunately, I think the outside faucet was replaced by a prior owner. Pretty cheap looking all plastic unit that I plan to replace before our next trip.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Our outside faucet has also been replaced.  We didn't winterize, thinking we'd be ok, but not...so, oh well...

C'est le vie. 

Our original was plastic, as well. No big difference.  We rarely use it, anyway.

Our interior bath scandvik is still good. A few tiny cosmetic spots that I could probably clear with some work. We'll see. 

The cheaper plastic set in the boat has some degradation. Florida weather. 15 years. I'll take it. 

Oliver chooses best stuff. We have been very happy with our gear, 16 seasons. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

@Alberta and Randy, ours is a 2008 , but in all likelihood,  everthing should work for you. 

Please keep us posted. 

I'm still super happy with my original ScandVik equipment.  And, the ScandVik replacements on our sailboat,  15 years in. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

SeaDawg, Thanks for the information. I need to make this my next modification. So tired of not having enough length on the existing hose in the  bathroom and if you pull it out to far it kinks and no water with soap in your eyes.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

FYI:  Our shower's converted to the Scandvik mixing valves mounted on the sink stand bulkhead available from, you guessed it, Amazon:

1912051903_Screenshot2023-08-01at09_54_53.thumb.png.1b064788deeed13af7e51edd2efbc4f9.png

42352934_Screenshot2023-08-01at09_50_30.thumb.png.b55c281981dd1cc5c6f95041b55f1ce0.png

Like @SeaDawg, we love Scandvik products...

• Like 4

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

@MAX Burner, I really like that mod. You've done a great job upgrading your bath_shower. Overhead light with the upgraded Maxxfan dome with light, and creating more storage with the hatch, and the Scandvik mixing valves. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4