2022 Elite II

There is not enough space in the LE2 for a dry bath. It is a very compact design, less than 7 feet wide (inside) which appeals to those who buy the trailers. And obviously the LE1 is even more so. There might be a larger Oliver in the future if you are willing to wait, but so far that is just wishes and rumors. Why don’t you take a look at an Ollie in person, before you decide it won’t work?

I am quite confused about your statement, the diagram is pretty self explanatory.

6B476282-9631-4D78-AFA5-EB16697C8D46.thumb.jpeg.a8936fff4cc5e39210242a7537ff2d87.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Pizazz: The partition at the top of the image is a closet, not a shower. The wet bath was one of my concerns, too, but after reading up about them we think it's worth the trade-off for more interior space.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

In that image the closet does look a lot like a shower so I can understand the question.  But a closet it is, for better or worse.

Oliver could probably turn that space into a separate shower with some clever design work, so you ought to mention that to your salesperson, if only so they can gauge interest.  Perhaps in the future they’ll be able to offer options.

For the most part, Oliver leans toward the practical when it comes to design trade offs like that. That tendency appeals to some, not to others. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You do have an option to have a shower curtain installed such that the side with the toilet is blocked from the shower.  We have this and it is really better that a 'dry' bath because the curtain will flex out of your way when you move around giving the functioality of a larger shower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wolfdds said:

Storage is a premium in the Ollie's but I would give up the closet for a separate shower.

Where would you put your coats/ hats/ clothes? There really are not any good alternatives, unless you put up a line and leave them all hanging in the middle of the cabin. I do that with wet towels, but I would never consider it  to be a permanent solution!

John Davies

Spokane WA

8DC69C89-1D22-492C-B09E-5F773ECB2EC2.jpeg

• Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 hours ago, nboicourt said:

John, that clothes line looks like a great idea! Can you post a link to it? 

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2758-how-to-wire-cable-clothes-line-full-cabin-length/

FYI All of my modification threads can be found by clicking the link in my signature, which appears after every post.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

I have the biggest shower, it is located in the campground restrooms, why would you want to shower in a 3x3 area. Ok, I know many would not use the campground shower because they have "Cooties".

trainman

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

A dry bath in a small camper is comprised of some "expensive" real-estate given how much actual time is spent in that shower versus that same space's other possible uses.  Yes, I know of a number of people that use the shower as a storage closet, but, of course that means cleaning out the closet/shower each time you would like to use it for wet purposes.  The Oliver is my first camper with a wet bath and I didn't think that I would actually be happy with it - but - I am now.  The fiberglass is very easy to clean/wipe dry and the space used for the closet is much more practicable.

Bill 

• Like 10

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I didn't think I would like a wet bath but it is incredibly practical. 

1. Sit on toilet to shave legs

2. Toilet gets cleaned everytime you shower - ahem, whether it needs it or not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

On our boat, the one dry bath, separate shower often becomes a sail locker, or storage locker. The original bath becomes a wet bath. 

Separate shower in rental rvs often gets the same destination.  Laundry bags, boots, etc, til we need to use it, then its a mess putting stuff elsewhere. 

I'm of course really used to wet baths, so take it for what it's worth. I have zero issues with a multipurpose room. I actually prefer it.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
On 2/2/2022 at 11:37 AM, Trainman said:

I have the biggest shower, it is located in the campground restrooms, why would you want to shower in a 3x3 area. Ok, I know many would not use the campground shower because they have "Cooties".

trainman

I don't worry about Cooties but athlete’s foot is a common fungal infection picked up from a public shower floor. Also, wart viruses and HPV can be present. The most serious common infection that you can acquire from a public shower is MRSA, or methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. This can cause abscesses in the skin that may require treatment with antibiotics or surgical drainage.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
7 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I don't worry about Cooties

I think most of us built up immunity to cooties while in grade school.  I never worried about cooties after I got to high school.  Mike

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I never worried about cooties after I got to high school.

In fact - I actually started to seek them out!  How an why did THAT happen? 😁

• Haha 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"