Campground for after delivery

lmmsrwm

Hi folks - We're new to the Oliver forums.  We've ordered an Oliver with an estimated delivery date of July12, 2022.  After delivery, we're hoping to park somewhere near the Oliver factory for a few days in case any issues pop up.  We would welcome any recommendations about where to stay.  We're open to anything, state park, RV campground, etc.  I have searched the Oliver forums, the Oliver owner's Facebook page and the internet for ideas, but could not come up with anything other than Davie Crockett SF and Fall Hollow Campground.  I bet there's more out there, but I couldn't find it!  Thanks

• Like 1

We have stayed at Henry Horton State Park (Lewisburg, TN) and Montgomery Bell State Park (Dickson, TN), both within an hour or so to Hohenwald, TN.  Both pretty good, check out the TN State Park website.    

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

If you really wish to test those boondocking systems then the Meriwether Lewis campground over on the Natchez Trace Parkway might be of interest.  It is only a few short miles from the factory and you can get water there - but - there are no electric or sewer sites.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Tennessee has a wonderful state park system.  There are probably 3 within an hour of Hohenwald,  and three more within 2 hours drive, a couple more in 3 hours. We've  visited most of them, and others that aren't state campgrounds. 

Around Nashville,  there are a few campgrounds on Percy Priest lake. Not state parks. Maybe state recreation areas.

Your plan to hang around, trst everything,  enjoy Tennessee,  and return to the mother ship if necessary is exactly what I recommend.  Enjoy a week or two, if you can. Tennessee is a beautiful camping state.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I agree that there are a bunch of nice state parks in the Tennessee system.  We’ve stayed at those mentioned and recently a couple that are a little further from Hohenwald, Fall Creek Falls State Park and Panther Creek State Park.  Both nice.  Also near Nashville and closer to Hohenwald are Cedar Creek COE and Seven Points COE, both also very nice.  Water and electric.  Good luck!  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Since you mentioned it in the original post above, I would tend to stay away from Fall Hollow Campground unless you can determine that improvements have been made over the past year or so.  The last time I stopped there the couple that now owns it were working on it, but, there was a bunch that needed to be done to include cleaning up some of the campers that were there.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Since you mentioned it in the original post above, I would tend to stay away from Fall Hollow Campground unless you can determine that improvements have been made over the past year of so.  The last time I stopped there the couple that now owns it were working on it, but, there was a bunch that needed to be done to include cleaning up some of the campers that were there.

Bill

Agree with Bill.  Oliver had us stay at Fall Hollow the night of our pick up.  It needed work (that was 6 years ago).  The owners are nice and we stayed in their B&B twice and enjoyed the hearty breakfast that was cooked for us.  It’s convenient to the Oliver facility but I would check it out to see where they are now.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We stayed at Fall Hollow in May 2017 because it was quite late in the afternoon and Oliver paid for it. Yuck. The septic hookup was in the same muddy hole in the ground as the water spigot. I can’t imagine any building code allowing that. The rest of the campground just appeared run down, OTH state park and Corps campgrounds in TN are beautiful and well maintained. Henry Horton and Anderson Road COE on Percy Priest Lake (east of Nashville) are good ones. The latter is close to city attractions and has boat noise during daylight hours.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

A little further and east, you could head to the Smoky Mountains.  Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are vey busy in the off season I cannot imagine what it is like in the summer.  We stayed at a private campground in Early December, Pine Mountain, right in the heart of Pigeon Forge.  Very well kept and clean and close to all of the attractions.  It is not out in the country.  Just 2 blocks off the main road.  It is tight with full hookups.  I would stay there again as it was reasonably priced for the area and offered the ability to use the pool at the hotel that was near by.  It was a good value.  Recommended going for a back in site.  More room and privacy.  Worth the small up charge.  Enjoy your new Ollie.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Our pickup date is July 22. We were going to stay at least one night right at the factory in new sites they recently put in. Hope to go through most of the stuff there but also plan to spend a few days exploring that part of Tennessee.  Good info on some of the options to look into in that 1-2 hour drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg