Inverter fan question

Jps190

I have my Ollie at a storage lot with 20 amp power to the trailer.  I leave a small dehumidifier running in the sink.  When I went over the other day to check on it the inverter fan was running.  The inverter was off and the 3 lithionics batteries were off.  Is there a reason that that fan should come on?  Is the going to where the fan out?  Wondering if I need to leave it plugged in over the winter since humidity shouldn't be that bad.  It is located just south of Atlanta.

Thanks,

John 

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

Not sure about this, but here are a couple thoughts.  First, I think the button on the inverter remote (or the inverter itself) controls only inverting function, but not the charging function in the inverter.  So, even with the batteries off the inverter may be detecting a charge current (because you're hooked up to shore power), and if so the fan might on from time to time.  You can turn the inverter completely off by tripping the 300A breaker located under the pantry near the inverter, but I'm not sure if this would interfere with running your dehumidifier.  If your dehumidifier works on 110V, you should be able to go into the inverter app settings and set the charger ignition control  to “auto-on”.  In this mode, shore power energizes the 110 outlets but would bypass the inverter, and the fan should stay off.   For more info on making this setting change, see https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/6228-living-with-lithionics—some-tips-tricks-and-observations/#comment-65906.  

Hope this helps...

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

I do leave the inverter charger setting to auto on. That is what was confusing to me.  The batteries were off so I’m not sure why the inverter was “awake”. I guess I’ll go over and take a nap in the trailer this week and give it a listen to see how often it runs.  🤷🏼‍♂️

John

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887