Crazy times with used trucks

gatorewc

I received a email from my local Toyota dealer wanting to buy my 2020 Tundra Crew Cab 4X4 with 49,000 miles for $41, 250.  Figured it was a scam since I paid $41,000 brand new.  Eating wings with some buddies a couple of nights later and a friend tells me his son sold his Toyota.  So I go down the next day and in 15 minutes the paper work is done.  I would have never believed it.  They now have it listed for $48,000 on the lot.  I guess I could have sold it for more on my own but that was sure quick and easy.

My next move was ordering a 2022 Ford 250 Plat. Tremor so I guess it will cost me more in the long run.  I loved the Tundra but always knew I had to watch my payload when camping.  Payload will not be a problem now.  I do have a 2011 Lexus 570 that I will be using to haul until the 250 gets built.   

When building the Ford online my wife told me her company has a program with Ford and when I finished we would build the same truck with the code.  Saved me a tad over $4K using the company code.  I met the dealership and they informed me that they could not change the price one penny coming from the corporate program agreement, so I would not have to worry about an up-charge one it was delivered.  The salesman did say it may take longer than normal for the delivery but I will be patient.

• Like 2

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

• Moderators

This is the second story of this nature that I've heard.  However, in the first story the situation was exactly reversed with the owner of the F-250 selling it and getting on a waiting list for a new Tundra.  "Crazy Times" for sure.

I'd probably look into selling my F-150 and get either a new Tundra or a new F-150 but since the current truck is the only means I have for towing the Ollie, I'll wait.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I live in Ohio and inquired recently with dealerships in Ohio, WV, and NC about ordering a new F250 or F350 and was told 28 weeks for delivery from my order time. About the same when I inquired about Chevy 2500 or 3500.  That's 7 months, almost puts it a year behind in model numbers.

I think I will keep my F150 and wait this craziness out.

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

I had a dealer contact me about a 2020 used Chevy 2500HD Silverado, roughly 50,000 miles selling for $79,000.  That is a LOT more than my new 2022 same build that is 'in transit' and due 'any day now'. It is indeed crazy times. 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

• 2 weeks later...

When we purchased our 2019 Ram Crew Cab Pickup we were given around $10,500 off of list price which included dealer discounts and all the factory discounts that were offered at the time. I will also like to say here that most manufactures of this size of pickups were all offering big saving on new vehicles at the same time. At todays prices I can still get about what I paid for it and it is in perfect shape and only having 18,000 miles on it, but to trade up to a different truck is unreasonable in today market. I have found out that purchasing just about anything today is out of the question and if you can even find what you might want, good luck. Just try to buy an new Kubota Tractor, Polaris Ranger, or a Jeep Wrangler at a reasonable price and that's if you can even find one to buy. I guess we just need to keep our "TOY" money and be happy with what we got, probably not the worst thing, for sure.

trainman 

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.