Graphic design

MarkC

Ordered a Ott coming Sept. 22.  Would like to put a design with letters on front of trailer.  I’m sure there are good and better materials used for this application.  Looking for suggestions on what type of material works best and what to avoid.

• Like 1

Regular high quality outdoor sign vinyl is fine. For example: "3M™ Scotchcal™ Electrocut™ Graphic Film" Read this page, there is  a lot of good info and installation tips... https://dmevisual.com/vinyl-lettering-guide/

Many members have put personal stuff on the front,.with great success, but a word of caution, that is a rough location in terms of durability, there are too many insect carcasses and flying stones. The stones can cause little pits and tears, the insect guts require hard scrubbing, which is not good. I have the OEM "Oliver mountain" logo in front; after five seasons it is still looking good, but it is in no way pristine. Everything on the sides or back looks brand new.

Oliver Sales used to offer custom graphics through their local Hohenwald supplier, I don't know if they do that any more. That is how I got the "Mouse" stickers for Hull 218. Some reading: ... https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/3560-so-proud/

PS: I wish EVERYBODY would make the title very descriptive, otherwise when you search you have NO clue what the thread is about. Grrr.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks for that question MarkC! 

Does anyone know if the graphic durability of the Oliver logo is similar to the after market logos people have used?

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

We've never had a front logo. We thought about it, but could never pick. So, we're still running bare, except for the sides.

There are a bunch of folks here who applied their own, several years ago. Offhand, I can think of @Mike and Carol, @bugeyedriver, @dewdev, @Mainiac and I know there are many, many others. I hope many others will chime in.

Most shops use similar materials. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

As far as durability,  you can always remove and switch up that front logo. 

Is what it is, imo. We have a very  few stone dimples, over the 14 years. Veteran travel scars, imo. No window up there to crack and break. I'm ok with that.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We used Banana Banners, out of Bowdoin, Maine, as well as a few others. Talked to her, gave her an idea what we wanted. She showed us a picture, with some improvements. Gave the approval, and received the graphic in a tube. After pick-up, at a campsite, it took longer to clean the area with denatured alcohol than to apply the graphic. No bubbles, no problems. Impressed me as it is a compound curved area. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Love your Chevy. 💜

• Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Our logo has been on for almost 6 years.  There’s a small spot at the top where it separated, maybe 1/8”, it’s hard to see unless you’re on a ladder looking.  I installed it at our first campsite, after pick up in Hohenwald, at Land Between the Lakes.  I had a local graphic designer draw it up based on what we wanted (Texas star, compass points and Oliver winding road, in red and gray).  A local print shop printed it on some kind of 3M material.  I actually have two of the big ones (23.5” diameter) and 6 smaller 5” diameter.

595DB457-ECCA-41C7-918C-79BAB0DEDEC8.jpeg

CD2A77B5-AC83-44B0-B801-BF88D9882FC8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We also used Banana Banners.  We emailed her pictures of the design our daughter drew and had a large front logo and two small ones for the sides made. The one on the front has a couple of small ragged spots on the edge which can be seen if you are up close washing or polishing the front of the trailer. The two small ones on the sides are perfect.  Paula

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

I had Sign Concepts in Portland, make my front graphic utilizing a 3M type of product. 

Any sign shop should be able to make whatever design you want. If you provide them a pdf of a imagine you want and tell them the size, it will be easy for them and not expensive. It was easy to install but you need to apply it so you do not get air bubbles underneath.

I was going to have a lobster on the front of my Ollie but could not find a imagine that I like so I decided on a imagine of our local Portland Head Light lighthouse. The  Portland Head LIght lighthouse was commissioned by George Washington in 1787 and he hired Jonathan Bryant and John Nichols to do the construction. (a little trivia FYI)

Front w-decal.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine