Scanned cable channels

Donna and Scott

We are at a KOA and decided to connect the Vizio TV to their provided cable service.  Our ni antenna light is off, the TV settings is on automatic, the search for channels is complete.  However it shows a lot of channels but not the true cable channels.  It shows 68 digital channels, but only goes up to 40.  KOA checked connection with a tv out at the cable connection provided and they can get channels 41-97 without any problem.  Why can't we get that.  Any ideas?

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

I am not sure about the vizio tv.  We have the Jensen tv and we have to make a decision on doing the search on cable or antenna.  Once we make that selection we do the scan.  We did have an issue in  Tampa RV park that park had cable box that we had to hook up and the first box was bad.  Hope you can get it sorted 

• 3 weeks later...

We contacted Magnadyne as we checked cables and found signal stops at the switch in attic.  Magnadyne is sending us a new receptacle.  They felt that the Omni directional antenna may not have been working correctly either because of that receptacle.  Hopefully this issue will be fixed 

• Sad 1

I find TV searching for channels can be a hit and miss thing, probably more miss then hit. I have found that you can usually get more channels if you program in the morning hours them in the evening hours. I have my ideas on this, but won't go into it here because there are so many factors that can effect reception. We use the Omni non direction portable antenna which works much better then the Oliver equipped antenna which is questionable at times. How do I know this, our Oliver friends have the factory antenna and it was pretty much junk (per them) and went with an Omni portable like we have and saw a big different in reception. Remember as lot has to do with, location, location, location. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• 3 weeks later...

We received and replaced the switch that Magnadyne sent us.  We finally have our Omni directional working better than it ever did.  Can't check cable TV v until we travel again in March and let the everyone know

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Last week we tried to hook to the campgrounds cable (our first time) and it didn’t work. We have the Vizio tv. Channel search showed 3 when there was over 40. The three channels would not connect. The red light in the attic was off as was the Ranger. Could it be an Oliver issue?

2021  Elite II hull #812

2024  Chevy LTX 2500