WooHoo!!! Hull 996 has LEFT THE BUIDING :) :)

johnwen

Hi Mike and Carol,

Thanks 🙂 

We are now in Tunica, MS, and will be making our way to SC in a week.  We're certainly glad to have a 4 seasoner!  Our Casita struggled somewhat when it got below freezing.  We are officially "Happier Campers" 🙂 

John

• Like 3

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, johnwen said:

We are now in Tunica, MS, and will be making our way to SC in a week.

In a week I'm guessing that it should be a bit warmer in SC than it is now and tomorrow (Sunday ).  A major ice storm is set to begin any minute now for virtually all of northern South Carolina and last through Sunday afternoon.  Ice accumulations of up to 1 full inch are being forecast.  There are storm warnings issued for the entire area all the way over to Myrtle Beach!  In addition, there is another winter storm forecast for Friday (January 21, 2022).  Very unusual weather for this part of the country to say the least.

Please be very care full with that lovely shiny new Ollie and be sure to stay warm!

Bill

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, johnwen said:

We're certainly glad to have a 4 seasoner!  Our Casita struggled somewhat when it got below freezing.  We are officially "Happier Campers" 🙂 

We’ve been below freezing almost every night the last couple of weeks. No issues except when I left the water hose connected and woke up to 29 degrees and a frozen hose!  😳. We’ve been using the fresh tank ever since.  Mid 50s today at Zion NP, low last night was 33.  Enjoy your trip to SC.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

11 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

In a week I'm guessing that it should be a bit warmer in SC than it is now and tomorrow (Sunday ).  A major ice storm is set to begin any minute now for virtually all of northern South Carolina and last through Sunday afternoon.  Ice accumulations of up to 1 full inch are being forecast.  There are storm warnings issued for the entire area all the way over to Myrtle Beach!  In addition, there is another winter storm forecast for Friday (January 21, 2022).  Very unusual weather for this part of the country to say the least.

Please be very care full with that lovely shiny new Ollie and be sure to stay warm!

Bill

Thanks, Bill!  Ice is far worse, IMO, and does a LOT of damage, when it accumulates in abundance.  We will be looking ahead and plan accordingly 🙂 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

We’ve been below freezing almost every night the last couple of weeks. No issues except when I left the water hose connected and woke up to 29 degrees and a frozen hose!  😳. We’ve been using the fresh tank ever since.  Mid 50s today at Zion NP, low last night was 33.  Enjoy your trip to SC.  Mike

Yes, Mike and Carol, we overlook the spigot as well and are trying to train ourselves to do the same thing....use the fresh water tank and disconnect/drain the hose 🙂 Happy Trails 🙂 

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Creelake said:

We hope you are enjoying your new Oliver. Ours is scheduled for September. We are wondering what tires came with yours. There is some discussion online that they might not now be using Michelins. Thank you. Julie and Al

I believe they are now using Cooper tires.  I replaced my original BF Goodrich tires with Coopers last January and I’m very happy with them.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Congratulations, careful driving home. It’s a little messy here in SC right now. We pick ours up on Feb 1st and the wait is almost over. What part of the state y’all call home? We’re down Greenwood way.

Steve

• Like 2

Steve, Ann & Hank (Boyken Spaniel)
Elite II Twin  “Camp Barky”  2021 Ram 1500 5.7L

Greenwood, SC

15 hours ago, Creelake said:

We hope you are enjoying your new Oliver. Ours is scheduled for September. We are wondering what tires came with yours. There is some discussion online that they might not now be using Michelins. Thank you. Julie and Al

Hi Julie and Al,

Ours came with the 16 inch Cooper Discoverer HT3.  September will be here before you know it!  We went back and forth with some of the options and ended up appreciative of not having to make hasty decisions 🙂 

John

12 hours ago, Steve and Ann said:

Congratulations, careful driving home. It’s a little messy here in SC right now. We pick ours up on Feb 1st and the wait is almost over. What part of the state y’all call home? We’re down Greenwood way.

Steve

Hi Steve and Ann,

We sold our house 2 years ago in Awendaw, now full timers 🙂 .  We return to the area for med appointments for a couple of months in the winter and stay with friends in Pinopolis, by Lake Moultrie.  I know how excited you are about 1 Feb!!!    We stayed  at Meriwether's Retreat (B&B) the night before pickup.  Very nice host.  Downtown Hohenwald.  Have Fun 🙂 

John

• Like 1