LE2 Future Model Features and Options survey, in case you did not get an official email about this.

John E Davies

You can write anything you want in the Comments section near the bottom..

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/surveys/future-model-features-and-options

EDIT, this is for current owners, not the general public.

9EF875FE-CC91-41B9-A793-8E957F770ACD.thumb.jpeg.7143eb8cd20ef55274a2f3a03c59b80b.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• The title was changed to LE2 Future Model Features and Options survey, in case you did not get an official email about this.

Wow. Interesting. Now we're wondering if we should pull back and wait for the 2023 model. 🤔 

The (presumably Truma) A/C would be great. Was hoping they might switch to those during the 2022 model run, but that survey makes me think it won't be this year after all.

Don't know about the bigger fridge. My wife thinks the current 4.5 cf fridge will be ok for the two of us, I think it's a little small.

Who knows what the 2023 prices might look like, though... 

• Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Well, I'm interested.  I didn't get the email, so thanks, @John E Davies

Then again, most Oliver communications go to my husband's email..

I'll look.

Would we like a quiet ac? At what cost increment, for those of us who rarely use ac?

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

So, this prompted an earnest discussion with DW tonight. Specifically, would we want to trade that kitchen cabinet space for the bigger fridge? In the end, probably not. We think that the current 4.5 cf will be enough for the two of us and cabinet storage is always precious.

But that Truma A/C? That's another story. I'd give my eye teeth to have one of those on our trailer when we take delivery in August.

• Like 5

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

2 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Wow. Interesting. Now we're wondering if we should pull back and wait for the 2023 model. 🤔 

The (presumably Truma) A/C would be great. Was hoping they might switch to those during the 2022 model run, but that survey makes me think it won't be this year after all.

Don't know about the bigger fridge. My wife thinks the current 4.5 cf fridge will be ok for the two of us, I think it's a little small.

Waiting another year for the 2023 model will only cost you more money (and time). Before making that decision, check with sales to see if you could special order the quieter AC unit for the 2022 model year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

21 minutes ago, dewdev said:

Waiting another year for the 2023 model will only cost you more money (and time).

Yep, that was our conclusion, too. Even if we had to wait until 2023 and retrofit a new A/C, that would probably be less expensive than buying a 2023 model.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dewdev said:

check with sales to see if you could special order the quieter AC unit for the 2022 model year

excellent idea. my fabrication hasn't started yet, but they likely have material units already dedicated for it, lined up. still, worth asking. 

i have a question: where are you seeing a Truma AC reference? i can't find it in the survey and it didn't show up on my general website search. 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

14 minutes ago, Boudicca908 said:

excellent idea. my fabrication hasn't started yet, but they likely have material units already dedicated for it, lined up. still, worth asking. 

i have a question: where are you seeing a Truma AC reference? i can't find it in the survey and it didn't show up on my general website search. 

I spotted it and overlander recognized it on their Facebook page.  Info is not released by them yet…probably so they don’t get blasted by request before it’s officially released. 

*If* they allow us to upgrade I’m sure we’ll pay the full list price on the truma and a separate full install labor fee. Probably a $3k service center install with a $0 trade in value on the Dometic…

14 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I was talking to Oliver yesterday as we don't need the trailer until March/April 2023 and asked the salesman (name withheld)  about what he knew about the 2023 model.   He is quite sure it will be a higher price.   Maybe $4500 more.   He doesn't know what changes are planned.   2022 had several changes.   I have read here that many people don't like the present A/C due to noise.   There was a mysterious A/C on a unit that someone determined was a Truma.   I would guess that they are looking at changing the A/C.   Just my guess.   We're not sure if we want to order for this year and save $4500 or wait to get the 2023.

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I was talking to Oliver yesterday as we don't need the trailer until March/April 2023 and asked the salesman (name withheld)  about what he knew about the 2023 model.   He is quite sure it will be a higher price.   Maybe $4500 more.   He doesn't know what changes are planned.   2022 had several changes.   I have read here that many people don't like the present A/C due to noise.   There was a mysterious A/C on a unit that someone determined was a Truma.   I would guess that they are looking at changing the A/C.   Just my guess.   We're not sure if we want to order for this year and save $4500 or wait to get the 2023.

My guess is they might do a Truma package upgrade…meaning the AC, tankless water heater, and maybe a new Truma furnace (wag).  Something like this (or just the AC) might be an upgrade above what the price increase is for the 2023 model year.  IMO I wouldn’t wait if you’re only talking a couple of months later to order. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Yep, that was our conclusion, too. Even if we had to wait until 2023 and retrofit a new A/C, that would probably be less expensive than buying a 2023 model.

We're wrestling with the decision now.   The 2023 will be higher.   A guess when I talked to OTT was $4500 more.   Part of the increased price will be offset by fewer months of paying for covered storage with electrical connection.   The price for that here in our part of Oregon is about $250-350/month.   My wife retires in December so with our weather,  we figured we wouldn't really be able to use it much until April,  2023.  

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Here's another unknown: We know the Dometic with soft start will run (briefly) off the lithiums or off a 2k generator. Haven't heard heard yet whether there's a soft start for the Truma (or of it needs one).

• Like 1

I'm all for the a quieter AC!  It would probably be 4 years before I could make a trip back east, if they did offer it as a upgrade.  Now if they offered an AC with all of the  custom mods to retro fit current Olivers and would ship it to me, I would do the install.  

• Like 2

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

Example pix in survey.

1) One concern we shared is that for shorter people that puts the Conv/uW too high for safely taking out hot foods.

2) We would be fine with an under counter  compressor fridge as it has little more cu ft than the existing fridge. 

3) We carry a ARB ac/dc compressor chest fridge in the back of our truck for extra space and it’s been a great combo on our 7 month road trip. 

4) As to the quieter a/c would be great in hot locations. Doubt if we would upgrade  immediately, long way to Hohenwald from WA.  

06080107-7E8E-47CC-8058-BFD8D9214115.thumb.jpeg.9aae6feebf39345b6d87b1c0bd37e9c8.jpeg

• Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Galway Girl said:

We carry a ARB ac/dc compressor chest fridge in the back of our truck for extra space and it’s been a great combo on our 7 month road trip. 

How is that powered without draining the truck battery when you're parked?

• Like 1

The question fridge is only 2 way, we use the 3 way features all the time. Dc underway, AC at CG, propane off the grid. Current refrigerator size is adequate for our needs, as long as we rotate in beverage needs each night for the following day. Better half says micro too high for anyone to safely use. Wouldn't want to lose cabinet space either...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Moderators

I would like to see a picture of the 7 cubic ft refrigerator/freezer from the bath area showing the left side.  It looks to me that it may intrude into the entry area 2 - 4 inches.  And I wonder if it is a picture of an actual trailer or just a photo shopped image.  Do you think a replacement would fit through the door in the event of a failure?

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

8 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

How is that powered without draining the truck battery when you're parked?

We have a pair of AGM batteries and a dc/dc charger in the back of our truck. 

7D863DA0-A6B2-405C-B4C2-CA01EF72BB03.thumb.jpeg.93faa76b5b6f393497464afe77d7a6dc.jpeg

3F2758F9-805C-4718-B781-24932B44BC04.thumb.jpeg.52873093c1ee0b190343ff2094f6a796.jpeg

One battery would run the fridge for 5 days, 2 gets us 10 days.  That’s without bothering to start the truck.  I’ve thought about putting a solar panel on our truck but we’ve been on the road 6 months and never ran the batteries down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

3 hours ago, Galway Girl said:

We have the same setup for our current rig with an ARB Element. We also haven't had any problems. We have also carried a smaller 12 V chest that we have used for additional freezer space. 

As far as additional options/upgrades, I would like a choice for more solar panels on the roof. 

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

4 hours ago, Galway Girl said:

7D863DA0-A6B2-405C-B4C2-CA01EF72BB03.thumb.jpeg.93faa76b5b6f393497464afe77d7a6dc.jpeg

3F2758F9-805C-4718-B781-24932B44BC04.thumb.jpeg.52873093c1ee0b190343ff2094f6a796.jpeg

One battery would run the fridge for 5 days, 2 gets us 10 days.  That’s without bothering to start the truck.  I’ve thought about putting a solar panel on our truck but we’ve been on the road 6 months and never ran the batteries down. 

We also have two agms in the truck bed powered by a 100w solar panel and controller on the truck topper roof rack. Stand alone system not hooked to truck electrical. Powers a dometic chest fridge nicely. 

• Like 5

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

On 1/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, dewdev said:

Waiting another year for the 2023 model will only cost you more money (and time). Before making that decision, check with sales to see if you could special order the quieter AC unit for the 2022 model year. 

When would the 2023 model be release to order?

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull # 867,    Shiloh, IL

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0L Diesel, CarbonPro

IMG_0398.jpeg

On 1/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mike and Carol said:

I got the email.  Did the survey.  Interesting picture of the Elite II with a big fridge.

I thought the same.  My first thought was "yes" to a bigger fridge.  But now that I think about it, would a bigger fridge be out of proportion to the compact scale of the Oliver?  

I find the smaller fridge adequate.  Compared to our old 6.7 cu ft Dometic "Demonic" fridge (I hated that fridge) from our Leisure Travel Van, the Oliver Norcold has a bigger freezer and the shelving is more thoughtfully configured.  More important, though, is how much more efficient it is.  We would have to run the Dometic on the coldest setting all the time to get it anywhere near a safe temperature.

I say, keep the small fridge.  A bigger fridge would result in loss of valuable cupboard space.

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg