Wife says size doesn't matter.

Steph and Dud B

But I'm afraid it does. The 4.5 cu ft Norcold will be the smallest RV fridge we've ever had. My wife thinks it's adequate for a couple for 5 days (which I figure will be our max before dumping tanks). Assuming no other fridge but bulk drinks stored in the truck until needed, what say you experienced owners? 5 days food in the Norcold?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

It depend on what you like to refrigerate/freeze.  Our 2013 Airstream frig was so small that we needed to carry a portable refrig/freezer.  Now in a 2020 Ollie with the 4.5, we haven't needed to take the portable.  My wife is much happier.  We can easily go 5 days without needing additional provisions.

The recently survey asked if a larger optional frig would be desirable and our answer was no - not that the larger frig wouldn't be nice - but, because raising the microwave to accommodate the larger frig was not desirable (she's vertically challenged.)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

2 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

But I'm afraid it does. The 4.5 cu ft Norcold will be the smallest RV fridge we've ever had. My wife thinks it's adequate for a couple for 5 days (which I figure will be our max before dumping tanks). Assuming no other fridge but bulk drinks stored in the truck until needed, what say you experienced owners? 5 days food in the Norcold?

Dear Dud B,

My husband and I are in complete agreement with Steph.  We were concerned that 4.5 cu ft would be too small before we took our North Dakota trip, but it turned out to work just fine for us.  And you are right, the food lasts for about 5 days, the same time you're thinking of using the dump station.  We also used a cooler in our truck to store extra drinks so you are right on the mark. To make life easier we found that putting all our meats in one rectangular bin and our vegies and fruits in another made it a little easier to pull them out of the refrig. and kept things from rolling around. p.s. We don't eat out much and it held five full days of food.😃    Happy travels to you from Michigan.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Sue & Harold

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

CAIDINIAKYMIMNMTNENVNDOHORSDTNUTWIWYmed.            

• Moderators

Easily five days. I have stored food for two for much longer. A lot of produce doesn't require refrigeration. We often carry a cooler for drinks. Saves opening the door all the time.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

As I mentioned in the survey post, Carrie and I keep an ARB 12 volt in our tow vehicle. We have done this for about 3 years. The frig in our current camper is smaller than Oliver's. We would rather not have a larger frig in the Oliver. We have been completely satisfied with having the ARB Element in our tow vehivle and moving food to the trailer frig as needed. We do have a dual battery setup in the back of our tow vehicle to power the ARB. 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305