Lever position on propane quick connects

Fargoman

We have the propane quick connects on our 2020 LE2, and just purchased a Weber 1200 and an adapter kit. The Oliver video about the quick connect is vague about which position the lever is in when open or closed. We haven't used the quick connects yet, and the levers are currently parallel to the fitting, as they came from the factory. Is that open? I'm used to seeing levers on shutoff valves perpendicular to the pipe or fitting they are attached to.

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

If the lever is parallel to the line it is open.  If it perpendicular (90 degree angle) it is closed.  You can’t attach anything if the lever is in the open position.  It must be at a right angle to attach your grill.  If nothing is connected it doesn’t matter which way the lever is, no gas will flow.  Mile

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I agree with you that the lever should be perpendicular to the quick connect fitting.  My rear quick connect fitting lever has been bumped by sewer hoses a couple of times and ended up in the parallel position. 

Mossey

edit: Mike beat to the response

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”