Trip Planning for 2022

topgun2

On 1/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, John E Davies said:

I am planning to head for the “less travelled” regions in late Spring, south Idaho and north Nevada, from May 24 to June 4. I was just looking at Great Basin National Park, to see if I could grab a site. It says to check back after April 29 for availability. I guess that means there won’t be a terrific scramble for those sites.

John Davies

Spokane WA

We stayed at Great Basin on our way home from Utah last year the end of May . . . . beautiful park.  Drove in, with no reservation . . . . . a lot of sites open at Lower Lehman CG.  I would suggest Upper Lehman CG as it was hard to find a level site at the lower CG.  The drive up to Wheeler Peak is beautiful; it was open, but trails were still snow covered and we didn't have snowshoes 😀

Sunrise at Great Basin NP Nevada May 2021.JPG

• Like 3

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 8:08 AM, John E Davies said:

https://travelnevada.com/cities/jarbidge/

It's officially Pacific Time, like all of Nevada, but the town uses Mountain Time because the only way in year round is through Idaho, the pass south to Elko is plowed for their July 4 celebrations, and gets snowed in again in October... 😉 The route from Boise to Jarbidge is about 70 miles of smooth gravel ranch roads, with random water ditches across it, to keep you on your toes. What fun. The route there from the east is all paved, with several campgrounds. You should check it out:

"For many anglers, catching a wily bull trout is the final leg of the IGFA’s “Trout Royal Slam”, and if you find yourself in the spectacular Jarbidge Wilderness during summer and fall, you may just hook into one of these olive-green beauties in one of the best fishing spots in the Silver State."

https://travelnevada.com/fishing/jarbidge-river-trail/

John Davies
Spokane WA

Wow!  And I thought we'd been everywhere there is to see in Nevada.  

Bucket List!

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg