micro wave

DJM

Sure you can.  We have a small one from Walmart that we bought for around 60 bucks.  Amazon has a bunch of smaller ones as well.  I think our is 700 watts.  The less power draw the better.

John

• Like 3

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

3 hours ago, Jps190 said:

Sure you can.  We have a small one from Walmart that we bought for around 60 bucks.  Amazon has a bunch of smaller ones as well.  I think our is 700 watts.  The less power draw the better.

John

Does it fit in the cabinet?  The depth is less than what I had in my casita. 

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators
14 hours ago, DJM said:

Can you use one in the inverter?

Assuming that you are talking about the inverters that normally come with the Oliver - either the 2,000 watt or the 3,000 watt -  then the answer is certainly yes for most microwave units.  Just make sure that the microwave you have in mind is at or below about 1,500 watts and you will have no worries using the inverter.

Of course you still have to be mindful to not overload the inverter by trying to run the microwave while at the same time running a toaster, hair dryer, blender, etc.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

22 hours ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Does it fit in the cabinet?  The depth is less than what I had in my casita. 

We keep it on the floor of the closet or in the truck.  Do t use it very often.

• Like 1

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

Ok Everyone has convinced me this would work. Can someone tell me the make and model and size of a microwave that will fit in the space provided? I would like the kind that doubles as a convection oven.   DJM 

Oliver Elite II hull # 151 

It looks to me like in order to put a microwave in the space provided I would have to remove the door and the sheet metal frame that holds the door. I suppose I might be able to find a minature microwave that fit in there but it seems like it would be better to remove that facing. Has anyone ever done this? 

Oliver Elite II hull # 151 

• Moderators

@DJM, if you would put your model and year in the signature or post, it would help you to get better advice.

When you say "space provided," I think you may mean you have a storage compartment with wooden sides (which Oliver no longer offers, btw.) The storage box is much smaller than the microwave cavity, because the box squares up and cleans up the curved cavity.

Would a small toaster oven meet your needs? Several people here carry one on their storage compartments. I assume they still have to pull it out to use it, at least partway, as the compartment doesn't allow for proper space for venting the heat. That would likely be true for a convection microwave,  also.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

The smallest microwave I've seen, recently, was a .7 cf at Walmart. If they'd had it in red then, I might just have bought one for the garage.  Weighing in at 20 lbs, even if it doesn't fit in your cabinet, it wouldn't be difficult to move from the closet or pantry to  a tabletop for use. 

Screenshot_20220130-122628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.203f3d5025462cd0d1f10abea1c908f6.jpg

Walmart also has a Galanz combination .9 cf microwave/air fryer, but it didn't have consistent reviews.  (In all fairness, most combo products I've had do an ok job on both, at best. The exception I've found is a Ninja air fryer/toaster / roaster/ oven, but it's way too big to drag around the country.)

You may get some other ideas from this thread, if you have a cabinet.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.