Oliver ordered today!

John Welte

Hi all,  you may remember that my wife was hesitant to buy an Oliver due to cost.   We paid our deposit today!   We chose November 7 as it's a Monday so if we encounter any issues we can high tail it back to the Oliver people before heading back to Oregon.   Thanks for all your posts.   It's been very helpful.   You haven't heard the last from me.   It's probably been the tip of the iceberg actually.   Have a good weekend. 

• Like 9

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

Good move!

Now, you get to do the fun stuff of picking out options, colors, etc.  Hopefully your wife likes to do that sort of stuff because I found that to be the hardest part of the whole deal - well - maybe writing that big check was slightly interesting 😉.

Nice to really have you with us and I truly hope that you will enjoy your Ollie as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

@John Welte, I  think picking a Monday was a great idea. Camp three or four days around Hohenwald,  try everything,  learn all the new systems,  and enjoy. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

53 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

@John Welte, I  think picking a Monday was a great idea. Camp three or four days around Hohenwald,  try everything,  learn all the new systems,  and enjoy. 

That was my thought after reading the forum.   You all have been very helpful.   Hopefully the weather will be OK then. 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

November in Hohenwald is often beautiful.  It's in the edge of the Cumberland plateau. It may be chilly, but likely beautiful. 

I'd be more worried about campsites on the way home, than in Tennessee.  But, many others have done the trek west in much colder months.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.