Hello from #994 "Olaf"

Tina Nelson

We picked up 1/24/2022.  We just tried the cable for the first time and no go.  We connected the cable outside from shore to cable on outside.  Our Vizio remote DOES NOT have a menu button to find cable.  Is there something else we need to to do connect cable inside? We tried to find videos on the website, but couldn't find and nothing on YouTube.  Any help would be appreciated.

I just saw this today, maybe it will help: https://youtu.be/4VrQoj56eOQ Also, make sure the antenna booster switch (if you have one, it would be the little push button in the attic) is turned OFF when using cable. That should only be on when using the TV antenna.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I just saw this today, maybe it will help: https://youtu.be/4VrQoj56eOQ Also, make sure the antenna booster switch (if you have one, it would be the little push button in the attic) is turned OFF when using cable. That should only be on when using the TV antenna.

Ours is in the attic.  Push the little button and try scanning for channels again.  It took us a couple of times to figure this out!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Since I do not know the model number of your tv or remote, I’ll throw this out there.

Mossey

How do I get my Vizio TV to scan for channels?

How to rescan for antenna channels on your Vizio TV
  1. Press the INPUT button on your remote to view your current input source. ... 
  2. If the TV input is not selected, press INPUT until the TV input mode is selected.
  3. Open the on-screen menu and select TV or Tuner option. ... 
  4. Highlight Tuner Mode and select the correct option:
  • Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

@mossemi, I saw her post on Facebook.  She doesn't have a "tv" input, which is what I use for my mom's vizio with no cable box. 

Her choices are "watch free," hdmi1, hdmi2, and streaming. I'd personally start with watch free, since that's likely tv. Then work my way through the hdmi choices. She has no menu button, either, but channel scan probably comes up when you change input,  using the left/right, up/down functions Screenshot_20220130-131110_Facebook.thumb.jpg.292981c10af33da424014d13f57545b9.jpgaround the ok button. At least, I would think so. I took a screenshot of her fb photo of her remote.

I rarely watch TV, but I'm the designated person to fix mom's when she messes up the buttons and settings, or settings are lost in a power outage. We have a similar Samsung remote, but it does have a menu button. Too complicated. 

So, any of you who actually have the newer smart vizio have any suggestions for these new owners? I think @mossemi and I  have probably offered what we can... for what it's worth.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Maybe the setting button is the menu? Idk.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks all.  Maybe we are trying to hard.  There is no choice like at home to choose Cable (which is what we use on our TV at home to get to Cable) We did go up to the office to ask for the channels their cable offers and yes they are all on the TV, but no HD which is odd.  We will just call Oliver tech guy in the AM or just hook up to HDMI and watch HULU.