All Around Newbie

aaronorange

Hello, John here, first time posting. 44 years married to my wife, Betty. Retiring in a couple years. I'm New to forums, new to camping, new to Oliver. Spent about 30 years in Alaska some off grid and now live in Idaho. We have a September delivery for a Legacy Elite II, twin bed. We are quite aways from delivery but still have a few questions. I have a 2017 5.7 Tundra TRD double cab. Do any of you tow with a Tundra? Do you know if the Anderson hitch package comes with the receiver hitch and ball? Thanks! 

Hull #1238 - Legacy Elite II, TB. TV 2017 Tundra TRD.

image.png.fd5454c21b295a590a02414d92eff4f0.png

Welcome aaronorange! We live in Twin Falls. We also have a September delivery of an E2. 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Hi, John, and welcome to the forum!

There are a number of Tundra owners here, and I'm sure you'll hear from some of them. 

You've been fortunate to live in some very beautiful states!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 minutes ago, Kirk Peterson said:

Welcome aaronorange! We live in Twin Falls. We also have a September delivery of an E2. 

Thats cool, we are in Moscow and always stay in TF's when we head south on road trips. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! We tow with a Sequoia, and recently picked up hull 997. We had an Anderson installed during delivery can confirm it will have a 2” ball, really complete kit, which was set up for our Sequoia as we went through the delivery orientation. The 5.7 engine and tow package works great with our Elite II.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

Welcome and Congrats!  I tow with a 2018 Tundra 4x4 longbed. Andersen hitch and firestone airbags filled to 25-30 lbs). Tows great in all conditions (uphill, flat and downhill). Andersen chains are not taught and easy to hook up. Very, very little jouncing underway. If you already have a Tundra you accept the gas mileage. Towing my Elite II I get between 10-12 mpg. Usually around 10.5-11 but I did get just over 12 towing from Phoenix to Tucson last month (must have been a decent tailwind). 

I also have a Dodge 3500 longbed Cummins with dually delete. Have not towed with it yet but will in the Spring. Likely wont even know it is there. 

• Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

As Mountain Man said re:MPG, I concur. 10-12mpg, depending on terrain. I towed an Airstream Bambi pre-Oliver, +/-3k pounds, 11-12mpg in the same conditions. On the flip side, I see 17-18 combined mpg not towing here in coastal SC.

• Like 1

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

• Moderators

Don't get too upset at that Tundra's gas mileage - with my 2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost I get slightly better than that towing but I get around 22 mpg when not towing.

Its really not all that bad unless you have a small gas tank.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, Jstone said:

Welcome aboard! We tow with a Sequoia, and recently picked up hull 997. We had an Anderson installed during delivery can confirm it will have a 2” ball, really complete kit, which was set up for our Sequoia as we went through the delivery orientation. The 5.7 engine and tow package works great with our Elite II.

Thanks!

• Like 1