All Around Newbie

aaronorange

Hello, John here, first time posting. 44 years married to my wife, Betty. Retiring in a couple years. I'm New to forums, new to camping, new to Oliver. Spent about 30 years in Alaska some off grid and now live in Idaho. We have a September delivery for a Legacy Elite II, twin bed. We are quite aways from delivery but still have a few questions. I have a 2017 5.7 Tundra TRD double cab. Do any of you tow with a Tundra? Do you know if the Anderson hitch package comes with the receiver hitch and ball? Thanks! 

Hull #1238 - Legacy Elite II, TB. TV 2017 Tundra TRD.

image.png.fd5454c21b295a590a02414d92eff4f0.png

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Welcome aaronorange! We live in Twin Falls. We also have a September delivery of an E2. 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Hi, John, and welcome to the forum!

There are a number of Tundra owners here, and I'm sure you'll hear from some of them. 

You've been fortunate to live in some very beautiful states!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 minutes ago, Kirk Peterson said:

Welcome aaronorange! We live in Twin Falls. We also have a September delivery of an E2. 

Thats cool, we are in Moscow and always stay in TF's when we head south on road trips. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! We tow with a Sequoia, and recently picked up hull 997. We had an Anderson installed during delivery can confirm it will have a 2” ball, really complete kit, which was set up for our Sequoia as we went through the delivery orientation. The 5.7 engine and tow package works great with our Elite II.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

Welcome and Congrats!  I tow with a 2018 Tundra 4x4 longbed. Andersen hitch and firestone airbags filled to 25-30 lbs). Tows great in all conditions (uphill, flat and downhill). Andersen chains are not taught and easy to hook up. Very, very little jouncing underway. If you already have a Tundra you accept the gas mileage. Towing my Elite II I get between 10-12 mpg. Usually around 10.5-11 but I did get just over 12 towing from Phoenix to Tucson last month (must have been a decent tailwind). 

I also have a Dodge 3500 longbed Cummins with dually delete. Have not towed with it yet but will in the Spring. Likely wont even know it is there. 

• Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

As Mountain Man said re:MPG, I concur. 10-12mpg, depending on terrain. I towed an Airstream Bambi pre-Oliver, +/-3k pounds, 11-12mpg in the same conditions. On the flip side, I see 17-18 combined mpg not towing here in coastal SC.

• Like 1

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

• Moderators

Don't get too upset at that Tundra's gas mileage - with my 2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost I get slightly better than that towing but I get around 22 mpg when not towing.

Its really not all that bad unless you have a small gas tank.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, Jstone said:

Welcome aboard! We tow with a Sequoia, and recently picked up hull 997. We had an Anderson installed during delivery can confirm it will have a 2” ball, really complete kit, which was set up for our Sequoia as we went through the delivery orientation. The 5.7 engine and tow package works great with our Elite II.

Thanks!

• Like 1