Electrical Management System (EMS-HW30C) Failure - No Power to Trailer

Team,

We just returned from an uneventful trip this weekend and upon arriving home we went to plug the trailer in as normal.  All readings on the Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C read as normal (122V, 60HZ, 0 AMPS and no errors) but no power was reaching the trailer.  Checked the out legs on the EMS and confirmed no voltage on the output legs of the unit.  Tried the bypass switch but it did not solve the problem.  The red light on the board is illuminated and the remote display continues to function without issue.   Has anyone else had their EMS fail?  If so, what resolution were you offered either from Oliver or ProgressiveIndustries.net?   It is the weekend right now so I will reach out to discuss with Jason and his team in the morning but thought I would see if others had experienced this type of failure.   Would defiantly be a bummer if we were out on the road as there is no easy way to bypass the unit without wiring around it.

I will report back with our findings and ultimate solution once we hear back and get the issue resolved.

• Like 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

I agree with topgun2. I have plugged my trailer into a 15 amp plug before and once the EMS showed as you indicated. I unplug the cord and replug it in again and all is fine.

I also installed a 30 amp RV plug so I can operate the AC when the trailer is home. When connected this way the EMS has always been fine.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

All,

Talked with Progressive Industries tech support this morning and they are sending me a replacement unit as it has failed.  Great support with a response to warranty request within about 10 min.   I hope to get it within a few days.   I have the trailer out of storage right now so the batteries are staying charged via the solar and we don't need the A/C this time of year.   Think I will carry a couple of WAGO 221-612 lever-nuts with me on future trips just in case it ever fails when on a long trip so I can wire around it without much difficulty.   

And to the questions above:  Yes unplugged and plugged back in with several sources many times (30 amp, 15 amp, generator (with neutral plug) and same result as failure appears to be the lugs not pulling in (Solenoids) as designed.    

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

Located SE Texas Region

Quick follow-up to let everyone know the new warranty replacement unit arrived late yesterday and now the trailer is back up and running without issue.  Kudos to Progressive Industries for having wonderful warranty process and quick response (3-days).    

• Like 4

Located SE Texas Region

I am always impressed with the level of support that we get from the OEM parts mfg's on our Olivers.   I would imagine that the amount of business any one manufacturer gets from Oliver (300 + units annual) is smaller than most of the other trailer mfg's.   Yet, we still see a high level of support from just about all of them.  Might have something to do with the cachet of the Oliver...  Or, maybe they are just doing things right.  In any case it boosts the level of confidence that Oliver TT owners have.  Glad you figured it out. Good Luck. 

• Like 4

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg