October Delivery Date...Here We Come!

SkinnyPine

Deposit paid and now the great wait begins! We are first time camper owners, but Oliver aesthetics, build quality, and sense of community won us over. So excited to be a part of the Oliver family. While we patiently await our unit's delivery, help us pass the time by sharing your best trip tips or favorite Amazon find to make getaways go smoothly - please post in the thread!

We look forward to hearing from you.

-- CJ & Diana & Chopper (the Australian Cattle Dog)

Elite II w/Twins

Composting Toilet

Truma AquaGo

Powered Awning - Street Side

Convection Microwave (duh)

Solar Package (still deciding which one)

Outdoor Pro Package

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

• Moderators

Welcome and happy to hear about your upcoming Oliver!  There are a lot of us that are first time trailer owners and we’ve all learned a lot in a short amount of time.  What kind of camping are you most interested in?  Commercial parks, National and State Parks, no parks?  You’ll get lots of advice and knowledge here.  Mike

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hello,

Exciting news! Our E2 delivery is September 2022. Still trying to decide on all the the options. 

Kirk & Carrie,

Twin Falls,  Idaho 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Welcome!

Start reading and viewing videos - here in the Oliver University and on YouTube.

Best tip - simply use it.

Enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We are excited for you!  We were in your shoes one year ago - first timers as well.  We had a blast researching all the options, deciding which ones we wanted.  As topgun2 mentioned, the content on Oliver University is great.  Lots of great YouTube channels as well.  While I was more the researcher, my bride is more the hands-on learner and she was "cramming" some of the Oliver University videos as we drove up to pick up our trailer - LOL!  Either approach, it's a wonderful exciting time - enjoy the wait - it will pass oh so quickly!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

My Oliver is coming end of September 2022!! So excited! Now if I could just find a truck......hopefully by end of summer there will be some choice.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

Congrats on your decision.  Planning and anticipating will be great fun.

We were first timers too.  We picked up our Ollie in October of 2019.  We left Maine for the warmth of Florida and the South on February 3, 2019.  Covid cut our first trip short at 45 days.  2 other short trips in Maine last summer of 4 to 5 days.  We left Maine on November 30 this past fall.  We are on a 4.5 month trip.  We are currently at the Grand Canyon heading  for Zion in a few days. We have been to PA,VA,TN, SC, GA, FL, AL, LA, TX, NM, and AZ so far this trip.

We had no experience.  We relied heavily on this forum and Oliver university.  It has been fun, exciting, and at times challenging.  We have boondocked, been to full RV Resort parks, State Parks, National Parks, COE parks, Harvest Host, and Cracker Barrel Parking lots.  We have seen and done things we wouldn't imagined.  We realized if we plan well and take our time things usually work out.  We have learned to stay an extra day at some locations to just have a relaxing day.  We find if something isn't working the answer is usually in the Ollie Manuals, in Oliver University, or the experience of those on this forum.  In our case usually user error!!!

Congrats and enjoy!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Mattnan said:

We had no experience.  We relied heavily on this forum and Oliver university.  It has been fun, exciting, and at times challenging.  We have boondocked, been to full RV Resort parks, State Parks, National Parks, COE parks, Harvest Host, and Cracker Barrel Parking lots. 

This is a great story. Love to hear things like this.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

This is a great story. Love to hear things like this.

It's a great group of people on the forum.   I have learned a lot.   We pick up on November 7.  You're ahead of us on your delivery day.   

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

It's been comforting to see how active this community is - and knowing many first timers have come before us also reassures that we will figure it out too, maybe with a little help from our "forum friends."

I just ordered bedding for the camper...only 9 months to go until Delivery and I just can't wait that long, so trying to get the accessories now to keep myself occupied. The wait is the worst!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Moderators

Skinny P - 

Look at the time you have to buy even more "stuff" for that new Ollie! 😁  Just let us know what you are thinking and we will be more than happy to spend your $$$$.

The wait will be over before you know it.  Between now and then watch as many Oliver University vids as you can stand and read a bunch too.  Pay particular attention to delivery day so that you are prepared.  And, plan at least a couple of those trips!

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

One thing I wish I had known more about when we picked up was the difference between "Camping" and "Traveling".   We spend too much time getting into and out of a campground where we only spend one night.  Now when we are "Travelling" (heading to a place where camping will happen) we meander along and see the sights during the day and then find a wal-mart, Sams, Craker Barrell, etc. to overnight in.   I don't know how long your drive to and from will be but don't feel you have to stay in a "campground" every night.   The All Stays app is easy to use and has great info on places to stay and stuff you will need on the road.    Good Luck and Happy Camping. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

58 minutes ago, SkinnyPine said:

It's been comforting to see how active this community is - and knowing many first timers have come before us also reassures that we will figure it out too, maybe with a little help from our "forum friends."

I just ordered bedding for the camper...only 9 months to go until Delivery and I just can't wait that long, so trying to get the accessories now to keep myself occupied. The wait is the worst!

What bedding did you order?   We have a November 7 delivery date and I just started buying a few small items.   With supply issues I need to get busy! 

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Congratulations !!!

We will be first timers also, well if you don't count tent camping. Our delivery date is July and I have been busy trying to finalize our build sheet. I have learned so much from the folks on here willing to share their opinions and lessons learned. Use the Oliver University and read all the manuals, research what options you think you might want, watch videos, etc.  I find I learn something new almost everyday reading these forums and using the search facility. We are just using this time as "part of the journey". 

Scott

• Like 5

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

1 hour ago, ScottyGS said:

One thing I wish I had known more about when we picked up was the difference between "Camping" and "Traveling".   We spend too much time getting into and out of a campground where we only spend one night.  Now when we are "Travelling" (heading to a place where camping will happen) we meander along and see the sights during the day and then find a wal-mart, Sams, Craker Barrell, etc. to overnight in.   I don't know how long your drive to and from will be but don't feel you have to stay in a "campground" every night.   The All Stays app is easy to use and has great info on places to stay and stuff you will need on the road.    Good Luck and Happy Camping. 

This is good advice.  I feel the same about spending too much time getting into and out of campgrounds where we're only staying a night or two.  We definitely don't mind taking a break from the amenities at campgrounds so staying at places Scotty mentioned above will be fine with us.  We just need to learn more about these places which the app will help with.

This forum was a huge influence on our purchase.  We might not have purchased our trailer if there wasn't such an incredible group of very knowledgeable and helpful people. 

Lots of helpful info about pros and cons on options so do some searching and researching of older threads and then ask away if your question wasn't answered.

Good luck!

• Like 2

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR