Any Site Size Limits for Elite II

I M in KS

At 23.5' long and only 7' wide, with no slides, the Elite 2 is tiny compared to the majority of RVs out there. So, yes, there will be some sites you won't fit in, but not too many. We previously had a 26' long, 8' wide trailer and were easily able to get good sites in many state and national parks, including the Blue Ridge Parkway,Yellowstone, Arches, Sequoia, and Zion. It's one of the reasons we're downsizing to an Oliver now - so we can do that again. I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

It’s pretty much a non-issue.  Yes, we’ve been to campgrounds that had sites that were too short for our Elite II.  They also had plenty of sites that we fit in.  Commercial campgrounds are no problem.  Some public campgrounds, National Parks, some State Parks and some COE and BLM campgrounds may have short sites, but they also usually have sites an Oliver will fit in to.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

It’s pretty much a non-issue.  Yes, we’ve been to campgrounds that had sites that were too short for our Elite II.  They also had plenty of sites that we fit in.  Commercial campgrounds are no problem.  Some public campgrounds, National Parks, some State Parks and some COE and BLM campgrounds may have short sites, but they also usually have sites an Oliver will fit in to.  Mike

What Mike said. Only real limitations We have experienced were where We were only staying for one night and did not want to unhitch. Even then, the camp host let us use the larger group site instead so we could stay hitched overnight. 

• Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

If I were traveling solo, I would prefer the smaller trailer. It is much easier to maneuver, especially if you don’t have an outside spotter. In the Pacific NW many of the old National, state and county campgrounds are heavily treed and out-of-level with really cramped sites, intended for tents or small self contained RVs. I get frustrated cruising through them, “Too short, too tight an entry, too much brush in the way, too steep!”

If you will be primarily boondocking in the desert or in the east, or in commercial CGs and resorts, no worries get the LE2 and enjoy the extra space... If you like USFS camping, and seek out gravel roads, buy the littler one.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I would look at the campsites specs and pictures on the campsite info where you want to camp. I like a minim of 50 feet and one of the biggest things I look at is how level the camping site looks. Now not always are this pics available online, but since we stay in a lot of state parks there site info is usually pretty good. On thing for the 50 foot length is I like to keep the trailer and truck inline at the campsite, but this is not a must when camping. I had the worse campsite at Ft. Davis State Park back when we had a Casita, it was too short and on an incline that took every block we and our fellow campers had just to get it level, what a mess and there were no other spots available.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Trainman said:

I had the worse campsite at Ft. Davis State Park back when we had a Casita, it was too short and on an incline that took every block we and our fellow campers had just to get it level, what a mess and there were no other spots available.

We had a site so unlevel at Davis Mountains State Park I ended up backing in across the grass and parking sideways in the site.  I tried the normal way but had the front jack completely extended with blocks.  It didn’t look safe at all.  Here’s a grainy long distance picture of us sideways in the site.  Under the trees to the left is another Oliver, @mountainoliver.  Not all sites are that bad, we’ve had a couple of others that were fine, we took these sites so we could camp next to our fellow Oliver owners.  It’s nice to have a trailer small enough to fit into weird sites (even sideways) and still be big enough to be comfortable.

0D13A655-5DAB-4A00-937B-F5C337279A6D.jpeg

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Here is a pic at Ft. Davis S.P., the pics doesn't show how steep it really was, as you can see it was a back in spot which would have put the tongue of the trailer some 4-5 foot in the air. Well like you said, many campsites are level and nice, I was just late in getting a good one. 

trainman

DSCN3623.JPG

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.