Oliver Pricing - 4 years later

BackofBeyond

Seems Oliver is keeping up with the inflation rise. Out of curiosity I checked out the base pricing listed here on the website - now I am not commenting on "bang for the Buck" but, $73,500 for the base is a steep price to enter the Oliver experience.

Our 2018 was considerably less money and well equipped-fitted out still less than the current base.  

My question - when is a basically a 2-person sleeper -, 4 season RV too much $$$

I certain we would not have gone Oliver at today's pricing. 

Happy Trails Oliver wanderers

RB

• Wow 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

My salesman told me about a month ago that the only change for 23 he was sure of was a price increase.  What a doozy. So glad I have a 22 on order.  Does anyone know yet what changes there may be

• Like 2

2022 Elite 2 twin.  Hull1273

2021 Tundra Crew Crab V8

We're preparing to sell our Ollie so I downloaded the current pricing worksheet to see what changes there are for 2022..  Checking off the options we have on our 2019 unit, it would cost over $10K more to buy it today. Still cheaper than an Airstream and better quality to boot.  

• Like 5

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

I think a lot of factors went into this price increase.   Gas and petroleum products go up in price….so does fiberglass.  Plus all the OEM products are going up with inflation.  
So is it worth it?   Compare a Winnebago Mini Winnie FLX at 50k vs an Oliver LE2 at 100k.    What is the resale comparison in 5 years?   I would take a swag at 25k vs 90k, so a 15k delta.  That roughs out at 5k vs 2k per year not counting the time value of money.   I think a lot of people would make that tradeoff.  

And talking about resale…….  Seen quite a few more Used Oliver’s hit the market this year.  And they sell quick.    So I think demand will stay high.   And yes I think those that got in on a 22 model had good timing.  Will be interesting to see where this goes.  

• Like 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Just saw this today. So glad we ordered and purchased ours in 2020 wow. This is great news for future resales of really well maintained used Olivers.

3E0225CE-C07C-481F-A3C8-E9A403934941.jpeg

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, ScottyGS said:

I think a lot of factors went into this price increase.   Gas and petroleum products go up in price….so does fiberglass.  Plus all the OEM products are going up with inflation.  
So is it worth it?   Compare a Winnebago Mini Winnie FLX at 50k vs an Oliver LE2 at 100k.    What is the resale comparison in 5 years?   I would take a swag at 25k vs 90k, so a 15k delta.  That roughs out at 5k vs 2k per year not counting the time value of money.   I think a lot of people would make that tradeoff.  

And talking about resale…….  Seen quite a few more Used Oliver’s hit the market this year.  And they sell quick.    So I think demand will stay high.   And yes I think those that got in on a 22 model had good timing.  Will be interesting to see where this goes.  

We were on the fence for a 2022, but decided in January to order a 2022.  Our pick up is November 7 so I imagine that all 2022 production slots have been taken by now.   I am glad we didn't wait longer. 

• Like 5

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

11 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

My question - when is a basically a 2-person sleeper -, 4 season RV too much $$$

I think there will be enough buyers who would buy a EII even at a $90k base price. Granted a base of $90k would knock many of us out of play (me included) but there are those to whom the quality and exclusivity would be worth it and make the purchase.

Last week I had the pleasure of camping next to a Living Vehicle Pro-EV model. For those unfamiliar with these Trailers, they are 4 season, solar and lithium monster trailers with enough power to provide level 2 charging for a EV as well as run the AC on battery and solar indefinitely. The trailer camped near me has a base price of $470k. I understand that Living Vehicles have nearly all of their 2022 production sold out. 

https://www.livingvehicle.com/models

I predict that Oliver will have no trouble selling all 2023 production slots at the new base prices. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 4

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mountainman198 said:

I think there will be enough buyers who would buy a EII even at a $90k base price. Granted a base of $90k would knock many of us out of play (me included) but there are those to whom the quality and exclusivity would be worth it and make the purchase.

Oliver’s are now out of our price range too… so I’m thinking I’ll keep #135 as old as it is.  It still feels new.  Oliver won’t have any problem selling all the trailers they can make.  Mike

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Just In :

"We have decided it is time to redesign and improve our single-axle Legacy Elite travel trailer. We have suspended production and taking orders on the 2023 Legacy Elite while our engineering team finalizes the redesign process. We currently do not have an ETA when we will take orders on the redesigned Legacy Elite. We will be fulfilling all 2022 orders that are awaiting production. Please call or contact us for additional information."

From a post on Oliver owners FB page.

Very interesting - 

RB

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

That's great news. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We just saw the price increases as well... and of course calculated what our specific order would have cost as a 2023 model.   It's now $10,747 more.   I'm glad we have ours locked in because I'm not sure if I would have been able to swallow this higher cost!?!?   Obviously it's because of the rising cost of various raw materials, shipping cost and so on... so I'm guessing that the Airstreams are going up as well.  It is interesting that now you can upgrade to the Truma a/c instead of taking the standard  Dometic.  I would have liked to have that option.   Nevertheless.... we are looking forward to our May 2 pick up date... and the Guntersville rally.

• Like 4

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

6 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

Just In :

"We have decided it is time to redesign and improve our single-axle Legacy Elite travel trailer. We have suspended production and taking orders on the 2023 Legacy Elite while our engineering team finalizes the redesign process. We currently do not have an ETA when we will take orders on the redesigned Legacy Elite. We will be fulfilling all 2022 orders that are awaiting production. Please call or contact us for additional information."

From a post on Oliver owners FB page.

Very interesting - 

RB

Makes me wonder if the E2 will be updated in 2024…

• Wow 1

It’ll be interesting to see the build sheets for the 2023 models. It looks like they are combining the truma tankless water heater and AC unit.  Also they might be changing the 3k inverter unit. Hopefully a blue unit can fill the void…

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ChrisMI said:

Hopefully a blue unit can fill the voi

?

Do you mean, Victron?

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Here is the 2023 Elite 2 Build Sheet.  I have a very well equipped 2021 Elite 2.  I ran the numbers and the cost difference between my 2021 Elite 2vs a similarly equipped 2023 Elite 2 (after allowing for the items that are now standard on the 2023 vs my 2021) is approx. $15,500.

2023-Elite2-Build-Sheet.pdf

• Thanks 3
  • Wow 3

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #948 - Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD

1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Our 2022 would be $10,900 more as a 2023.  😮

You and I are both happy that we didn't wait until 2023.  We almost did wait.   If we had,  I doubt that we would have bought.   My wife had a hard time with the 2022 price.   

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, John Welte said:

You and I are both happy that we didn't wait until 2023.  We almost did wait.   If we had,  I doubt that we would have bought. 

Same here. I don't think we'd have pulled the trigger on a 2023. 

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I bought my (nearly new with only 6000 miles on it) 2018 Elite II in 2020. I think I paid about what he paid for the trailer new.

Believe it or not, the 2023 Elite II with similar extra's would cost me $24,375. more ( I double checked my numbers a second time) then what I paid.

Glad I bought when I did, that I bought a slightly used Ollie and that I found a great trailer at a nice price.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

The original total invoice on the 2010 Elite II we recently bought was $43,200. And it came with several options including satellite, cell and WiFi booster, retractable electrical cord and upgraded cushions. Looks like the price has close to doubled over the past 12 years. 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

To answer your question:

Looking at the price increase, unfortunately the whole package does not look so palatable to me now! But I really love the Oliver.

My reasons: Price increases without any new features or improvements (from what I can see).  Also the whole RV experience is getting less desirable as so many people jumped in.  Infrastructure at camp grounds is not keeping up.  Cost of tow vehicle then the gas milage with towing $$$

Who am I? I do not own a Oliver or have any experience with other RVs. Oliver looked like the best option to remove headaches with water leaks + 4-season option was appealing (in case we needed it). I am fortunate to have worked hard all my life and be in a good position.  But I still do the math and wonder how far I can travel by other means on $150+k (tow vehicle + Oliver).  Not to mentioned the fuel, insurance, maintenance costs (+$10/yr?).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Flat world said:

To answer your question:

Looking at the price increase, unfortunately the whole package does not look so palatable to me now! But I really love the Oliver.

My reasons: Price increases without any new features or improvements (from what I can see).  Also the whole RV experience is getting less desirable as so many people jumped in.  Infrastructure at camp grounds is not keeping up.  Cost of tow vehicle then the gas milage with towing $$$

Who am I? I do not own a Oliver or have any experience with other RVs. Oliver looked like the best option to remove headaches with water leaks + 4-season option was appealing (in case we needed it). I am fortunate to have worked hard all my life and be in a good position.  But I still do the math and wonder how far I can travel by other means on $150+k (tow vehicle + Oliver).  Not to mentioned the fuel, insurance, maintenance costs (+$10/yr?).

"But I still do the math and wonder how far I can travel by other means on $150+k (tow vehicle + Oliver).  Not to mentioned the fuel, insurance, maintenance costs (+$10/yr?)."

I wrestled with that also.   I did order an Oliver for November delivery as the places that appeal to me don't have hotels near them.   RV parks don't appeal to me.   Established campgrounds also aren't appealing.   This trailer will be best suited to BLM land,  COE camping areas,  forest service spots.   Basically I can go where most can't.   I totally understand your reasoning too. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

4 hours ago, dewdev said:

I bought my (nearly new with only 6000 miles on it) 2018 Elite II in 2020. I think I paid about what he paid for the trailer new.

Believe it or not, the 2023 Elite II with similar extra's would cost me $24,375. more. ( I double checked my numbers a second time) then what I paid.

Glad I bought when I did, that I bought a slightly used Ollie and that I found a great trailer at a nice price.

My sentiments exactly! We bought our 2019 Elite II in fall 2020 and just calculated ours as well. We would be spending a little over $26,000 more if we ordered what we have as a 2023 model. SO glad we were able to find ours and purchase it when we did. As an added bonus, it came with some things I like that are no longer available!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Joe and Mindy ▪️ 2019 Legacy Elite II ▪️ Hull 457

ALAZARFLILKYLAMSMONMOKTNTXUT99FFFFsm.jpg