Oliver Pricing - 4 years later

BackofBeyond

18 hours ago, kmoon4545 said:

Here is the 2023 Elite 2 Build Sheet.  I have a very well equipped 2021 Elite 2.  I ran the numbers and the cost difference between my 2021 Elite 2vs a similarly equipped 2023 Elite 2 (after allowing for the items that are now standard on the 2023 vs my 2021) is approx. $15,500.

I do not see anything on the build sheet to indicate if they are  offering a different (quieter) AC unit. Does anyone know the status of this?

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

2 minutes ago, dewdev said:

I do not see anything on the build sheet to indicate if they are  offering a different (quieter) AC unit. Does anyone know the status of this?

It’s an upgrade package along with the truma tankless WH. 

• Like 2

I really think Oliver could use the next 6 months to make the transition to a new solar controller and inverter/charger. Combine that with a large 7 inch screen that interfaces everything…would be a HUGE upgrade that would cost them very little.  This would help future sales IMO and would be a far superior setup. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Anyone been to a boat show lately? Everything in the fiberglass world has seen enormous increases.  Much of it, because of huge increases in materials cost.

We've been looking for a few years at a possible replacement for our 18' sport boat. This year, we had a few problems to repair. But replacement cost ( much more than twice what it was new) led us to repair it, instead. Hull is good, 3.0 mercruiser engine runs great. We'll fix the rest. Investing in a solid older boat is far easier than hunting down a new one, for us.

Beyond inflation,  take a look at fiberglass price increases.

I know it's a big jump. It will scare some folks off to something else. Honestly,  I don't know what else they could do, beyond scaling back some of the luxury "standard" items included in base price.

I'm sure the pricing decisions were difficult for them, too. Everything has been so volatile this year.Screenshot_20220223-130332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e06151e37a9311c66681d516cec5914b.jpg

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

It appears the tide is changing. At the time before I purchased my 2019 lE2 pricing between buying new over used was only within a few thousand. It made more sense to buy new and get what we wanted it was also better in 2019-2020 options were more flexible instead of now having to get packaged options.  Also not mentioned with that hefty 10k plus increase is a hefty sales tax title and reg. On my 2019 sales tax title and reg. For Florida was around $4,000.00. I almost cancelled my built because of costs glad I didn’t.   Even though Oliver is one of the best trailers out there, there is a breaking point.  I would not buy again at that price range. 🙁

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Anyone been to a boat show lately? Everything in the fiberglass world has seen enormous increases.  Much of it, because of huge increases in materials cost.

We've been looking for a few years at a possible replacement for our 18' sport boat. This year, we had a few problems to repair. But replacement cost ( much more than twice what it was new) led us to repair it, instead. Hull is good, 3.0 mercruiser engine runs great. We'll fix the rest. Investing in a solid older boat is far easier than hunting down a new one, for us.

Beyond inflation,  take a look at fiberglass price increases.

I know it's a big jump. It will scare some folks off to something else. Honestly,  I don't know what else they could do, beyond scaling back some of the luxury "standard" items included in base price.

I'm sure the pricing decisions were difficult for them, too. Everything has been so volatile this year.Screenshot_20220223-130332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e06151e37a9311c66681d516cec5914b.jpg

Sometimes rehabbing something old makes sense.  Boats and perhaps in the future fiberglass trailers?  In 2011 we purchased this old 1977 fiberglass downeast boat.  The hull, engine, and transmission were in good shape.  The topside decks, electric, plumbing, steering, and electronics were shot and rotted  The boat was basically gutted from the main bulkhead back and the decks and wash rails.  Saving the fiberglass hull and drive train and making the upgrades to our specifications was significantly much less expensive than buying new.  We had a professional downeast boat builder do this for us.   At this rate a well cared for Oliver "hull" will be well worth it.  You can always upgrade the systems!!!! They will eventually need to be replaced any way!  

DSC_0104.jpg

IMG_7301.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Moderators

Omg, @Mattnan, that boat's a beauty!

Thank you for bringing it up to the 21st century, and beyond its previous glory.

Our sailboat is similar vintage. Seaworthy as all get out. And, hey, we've got some sass, along with  classic style, right?

I admire all the folks who restore old homes, old boats, and old trailers. It's truly a labor of love. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, dewdev said:

Truma Aqua Go and Aventa A/C are packaged at $3500.  The reason for the bundle is to have a single controller.  (I believe the Aventa also has a remote control unit)   Truma Vario Heater may be added to the package but the jury is still out on that.  No upgrades available with the Aventa A/C because Truma only sells them for new installs, not for replacement units... That may change in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.    That's all for now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I'm sure the pricing decisions were difficult for them, too. Everything has been so volatile this year.

I haven't really run the numbers over the years.. but it seems to me that the last big jump in price was 2015 to 2016.   About 10k for a well equipped LE2.   The price of the thermoplastics in fiberglass must be a big driver of this increase.  Plus the OEM components have gone up during the 2022 order cycle and I don't think those increases were passed on.   I really don't believe we are seeing opportunism with this increase.  Everything is getting more expensive.  I guess that's what happens when you print a bunch of money. 

Let's say that Oliver has capacity to build 400 trailers.... I know... it's probably a bit below that but it's a nice round number.    Demand has been high and shows no signs of stopping.   We could increase capacity and increase profit dollars by selling more trailers... but that comes with costs and risk.   You'd have to expand production space and labor, which is expensive.   OR... you could raise the price until you start to see demand drop... then you could gauge what price the market would bear and maximize profits.   You still make more profit dollars but can more easily handle a downturn like the 2008 situation. 

To be clear... I don't believe that Oliver is engaging in a profit maximization strategy.  I think they are truly walking the tightrope with profitability on one side and  a possible decline in business (due to increased price) on the other.   I want the company to be successful.  That's how we get the support we need for maintenance and upgrades.  

The good news for current Oliver TT owners is...... Our trailers just went up in value.    Plus FB travel trailers have always had a special / niche spot in the market.   They may take a hit when the economy turns south.. but will bounce back when it recovers.   Anyway... sorry for getting so long winded.    

Happy Camping!  

• Like 7

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The Living Vehicle (LV) is an interesting option. It is about 6x the cost of an oliver which sounds crazy but when you consider that the solar array is basically enough power to last for infinity AND be able to charge an EV. It is just a matter of time before there is a tow vehicle available to pull it (15,000 pound dry 18,000 loaded). That will be a game changer for me since you will be able to tow it with a vehicle that is fueled by the LV. You then have a vehicle that runs on the sun. They're built like a tank. I figured that we would need a Ford F550 or 650 to be able to tow it and carry whatever else we need (i.e, add another $150k for the TV). For now the only electric vehicles that could handle it are class 7-8 trucks like the electric freightliner or volvo, neither of which have expected cruising ranges near 300 miles. Also, the technology just isn't there yet. Even the Tesla cyber truck would be able to tow it but not have enough carrying capacity to meet the needs. The Telsla semi is expected out some time by years end (good luck) and certainly could do the job but it's designed as a single passenger semi, and waaay overkill (not to mention the pricetag in excess of $200K. So, for now the highest quality trailer I could find was the LV, and the next highest quality trailer I've seen is the Oliver. Airstream seems to be somewhat less quality then the Oliver (even more questionable since being taken over by Thor) but has some really nice options. We decided we'd go for the Oliver and if a decent EV TV ever becomes available that's in the class of the F650 (550 at a minimum), then we'd consider getting the LV since it would largely eliminate our fuel costs which will completely change the calculation of overall cost of ownership. All three (Living Vehicle, Oliver and Airstream) hold their value well enough that it's a decent gamble that you may be able to recoup most if not all of the investment when it comes time to sell. I don't see that happening with any of the other RVs on the market. For now, even at the 2023 pricing (about $11,000 more than what we'll be paying for our Oliver in May), I believe the Oliver is the best value on the market, will continue to hold it's value, and looking at the numbers quite conceivably may appreciate in value.

Can't wait to start using my Oliver!!!

• Like 2

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

25 minutes ago, albert said:

for now the highest quality trailer I could find was the LV, and the next highest quality trailer I've seen is the Oliver

The Bruder EXP-8 is another one. It has impressive solar power and has an option for charging an EV. 

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 2/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, BackofBeyond said:

Seems Oliver is keeping up with the inflation rise. Out of curiosity I checked out the base pricing listed here on the website - now I am not commenting on "bang for the Buck" but, $73,500 for the base is a steep price to enter the Oliver experience.

Our 2018 was considerably less money and well equipped-fitted out still less than the current base.  

My question - when is a basically a 2-person sleeper -, 4 season RV too much $$$

I certain we would not have gone Oliver at today's pricing. 

Happy Trails Oliver wanderers

RB

Airstream trailers are still much higher priced, and they are  still selling.  If you have the finances your going to buy. I almost walked away at my 2019 price @ 62k I personally wouldn’t pay the new price. It is a well built trailer but still a small trailer. There are new upcoming trailers hitting the market that will give Oliver a run for the money.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

We are thinking about buying an Ollie, 2022-2023.  I heard they are done with production of 2022’s.  Is there any negotiating at all when dealing with the sales folks?  You are right, the price is steep, but I am really wanting one.  I wonder if they have a military discount.

When we do buy one, I am buying the bare bone, standard package.  Tell me, if you couldn’t live without one of the upgrades, which one would it be?

Nittybelle

• Moderators

Hi, Nittybelle, and welcome to the forum. I see this is your first post.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

1 hour ago, Nittybelle said:

We are thinking about buying an Ollie, 2022-2023.  I heard they are done with production of 2022’s.  Is there any negotiating at all when dealing with the sales folks?  You are right, the price is steep, but I am really wanting one.  I wonder if they have a military discount.

When we do buy one, I am buying the bare bone, standard package.  Tell me, if you couldn’t live without one of the upgrades, which one would it be?

Nittybelle

Welcome to the forum.   There are lots of helpful people here that can answer your questions.  For us,  it was the composting toilet as my wife didn't want that.   You might check the Facebook page called "Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale" for late year model trailers that are for sale.   Some are only one or two years old.   Good postings with pictures and what options they have.   They sell for about what they paid for them.   They're not like cars that depreciate as soon as they leave the lot.   Happy hunting! 

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Nittybelle

Regarding options I can’t imagine doing without at least one awning.  We have a fully loaded Oliver. We definitely wanted solar and a composting toilet.  Fyi: there was no negotiating to be done when we placed our order for the 2019 model. I do think that some people have had discounts when ordering certain option packages but I suspect there won’t be many discounts for the 2023 models just because prices have risen so sharply.  If budget is a consideration, you might want to consider a well-maintained used unit.  Thank you for your service. 

• Like 1

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

• Moderators

In addition to John's suggestion above, you would be well served to keep an eye on the classified section on this Forum for used trailers.

Rumor has it that there will be a nice 2016 that will be placed for sale sometime over the next two months.  Be prepared to move quickly on any Ollie that you see that meets your qualifications.

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Nittybelle

No negotiating.  No military discount (I’m a 30 year military retiree).

We like to go off grid, so solar and inverter were important.  I could do without the cell booster for as much as we use it.  You can do without lithium and the composting toilet if you are going to be in campsites with full hook ups.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We have a 2022 Oliver Elite II that is scheduled for delivery in mid-august. Oliver gave us a military discount of $1,000. To get the discount all I had to do was to email them a copy of my DD-214.

Hope this helps answer that question.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderator+

All this makes it rather embarrassing to know what we paid for the first Elite II to come off the line after the hiatus of 2009-2013. The Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050. 

We just had it ceramic coated by CGI out of Murfreesboro, TN. Come see it at the rally in May, it looks better than brand new. 

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Dale C said:

We have a 2022 Oliver Elite II that is scheduled for delivery in mid-august. Oliver gave us a military discount of $1,000. To get the discount all I had to do was to email them a copy of my DD-214.

That’s good to know and I’m glad Oliver is doing that.  It wasn’t the case in 2016!  Mike

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
7 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

We just had it ceramic coated by CGI out of Murfreesboro, TN. Come see it at the rally in May, it looks better than brand new. 

Steve, glad to hear it looks good.  We will definitely be by to see your shiny trailer!  Mike

13 hours ago, Dale C said:

Hello,

Hope this helps answer that question.

Wow wish I had known about that discount before pickup.

2022 Oliver Elite II Hull#1047 "Saunter"

2014 VW Touareg TDI

ALAZILINKSMIMONVNMNCOHSCTNTXVAsm.jpg