Oliver Pricing - 4 years later

BackofBeyond

• Moderators

There are a couple of old sayings concerning discounts:

1.  Always give the person a chance to say "no".

2.  You never know until you ask.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, CRM said:

Found these old pricing spec sheets and brochures on the "Way Back Machine" that look to be from just prior to the hiatus. Were any of the "sport" models ever produced?

Sport 17'

Elite 17'

Sport 22'

Elite 22'

17' Brochure

22' Brochure

What year was that? 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CRM said:

Were any of the "sport" models ever produced

Yes, but just one or two, as I recall. Oliver went into hiatus not long after its release, and it wasn't revived after production resumed.

I think the owner of one posted here a few years ago. I'll see if I can find it.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 minutes ago, CRM said:

The Way Back Machine first shows these spec sheets Feb 2nd 2009.  Way Back Machine

Regarding pricing,  I like to compare the number of hours or months of work required to buy something versus the price.  For example in 1978 when I first started working a good wage was over $10k/year.  40 years later it was 60-70k/year.   It seems the number of months required to buy a car is about the same now as then.   Not a scientific study,  just my observation. 

• Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

@OKCamper has a Sport. (And it may be the only one ever made. Not sure.) There was one demo model sold by the factory in 2014. Might be hers?

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

When we purchased our 2019 Elite II we purchased a "Stripper Model", well as stripped as a base would come at that time. With three options, confection oven, outside LP connections, and a bike rack, our price $55,400. We got the standard interior, all white counter tops, standard seat covers and flooring (our color choice, 5-6 different ones to choose from), hey that all white interior is classy. We did not get any electronic upgrades and did not opt for the solar/battery upgrades either, one because we had no intention to "Boondock", and electronic change so fast that what was offered at that time would probably be out of date in a few years. With an iPhone with "Hot Spot" it will work well for us and it does. All being said, I think many over think there Oliver purchase just because it's only money and other do so I will too. Once again an Oliver comes will all the wiring in the factory wiring harness and any addons, or upgrades can be done to an Oliver with the latest and greatest upgrades offered at that time, so selling a "Stripper Model" is really not an out of date model to a prospective buyer to your used trailer, ie., does not effect your used price at all. I will admit, we did Boondock at Walmart twice in our travels and we survived well without all that added expense. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.