Outdoor cooking stoves and Ollie low pressure systems.

Donna and Jim Y.

Good evening,  I'm curious what kind of outdoor stoves will work via the low pressure quick connect port?  I've been trying to buy hoses to convert my Coleman stove that uses the disposable bottles but so far no luck!  Might just need a different stove.  I'm also trying to find the same info for the propane fire-ring.  I'd rather not have to carry another propane bottle:)

Thanks for your time in letting me know what works best for all of you.

Jim and Donna

• Moderators

I use both a Weber Q grill and a Blackstone griddle off of my trailer quick connect.  The Blackstone required no modification.  The Weber required removal of the propane regulator and the installation of a quick connect fitting.  We have an Outland propane fire pit that we use a separate 20lb propane tank since it is usually in the Clam away from the trailer.  If you go to propanegear.com you’ll see a bunch of adapters for various stoves.  I carry an extra hose for my Blackstone that has a regulator on it that connects to a separate tank in case I want to cook away from the trailer.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

I use both a Weber Q grill and a Blackstone griddle off of my trailer quick connect.  The Blackstone required no modification.  The Weber required removal of the propane regulator and the installation of a quick connect fitting.  We have an Outland propane fire pit that we use a separate 20lb propane tank since it is usually in the Clam away from the trailer.  If you go to propanegear.com you’ll see a bunch of adapters for various stoves.  I carry an extra hose for my Blackstone that has a regulator on it that connects to a separate tank in case I want to cook away from the trailer.  Mike

Mike or Carol,  is there a stove that can be both a grill and a griddle?   I like the idea of a fire pit in the clam.   I suppose that's one thing that happens at a rally.   You can learn a lot! 

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, John Welte said:

Mike or Carol,  is there a stove that can be both a grill and a griddle?   I like the idea of a fire pit in the clam.   I suppose that's one thing that happens at a rally.   You can learn a lot! 

I have a cast iron insert that replaces one of the grill grates on my Weber.  It’s small, but big enough for bacon and eggs for two.  You could get one for each side, but Weber recommends against it, I think for air flow reasons.  We have a 17” Blackstone griddle (and a 22” two burner for home) that is our camping griddle.  It works well for about anything.  

We have the 5 sided Clam and with the fire pit in the middle and the sides attached it’s a toasty sitting area even in the coldest weather.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 hour ago, John Welte said:is there a stove that can be both a grill and a griddle?   I like the idea of a fire pit in the clam.   I suppose that's one thing that happens at a rally.   You can learn a lot! 

I have a camp chef 2 burner stove that comes with all sorts of accessories, including griddle and grill. Heck, even a pizza oven. 

• Like 4

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

5 hours ago, Jim Y said:

I've been trying to buy hoses to convert my Coleman stove that uses the disposable bottles but so far no luck!  Might just need a different stove. 

Timely post, I’m also using my vintage Coleman 2 burner stove.   I’m reluctant to give it up for sentimental reasons, but unfortunately it won’t operate off the low pressure QD on our trailer.   I don’t use the small green bottles,  I carry an extra 20 lb tank with a conversion hose.   Griddle pans readily available to fit the stove.  I’m worried it’s  going to die soon so I’m researching new stoves.  

• Like 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250