Solar charge controller.

snakeriveridaho

At least in our 2018 Elite I, the battery compartment is indeed smaller than in the Elite II, nominally holding 2 batteries of "normal" size. Lithium was not an option when we purchased our Elite I. We have the high-tech upgrade for that time - two 6V 220Ah AGM batteries in series, with (2) 115 W solar panels on the roof and the 2000W Xantrex inverter. We are by nature pretty frugal regarding our electrical consumption. We rarely use the inverter, and the Air Conditioner is not on the inverter circuit (which wouldn't have enough power from the AGM batteries anyway...). We camp a lot in the Northeast with partial-to-full shade and cloudy weather and can't always recharge to 100% every day. Its not unusual to be at 80-something percent at end-of-day under those conditions (as long as we're not using the furnace overnight and run the fridge on propane). We do carry a small generator but so far have not needed it to recharge the batteries. Newer lithium options should provide additional electrical "range of discharge" while waiting for a sunny afternoon to come along.

• Like 3

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a modification I did over a couple years span ending up with one 100W Renogy Suitcase, PD4045 Lithium charge section, Renogy 20A waterproof controller, 10A Furrion solar port, up to 36' of solar charge cable, single Battle Born 100AH battery, and Victron Bluetooth shunt to see battery condition on smartphone. Charging the Lithium battery this morning with this system.

• Like 2

LE2