TPMS for both trailer and tv

John Welte

In looking at TPMS for the trailer that we are getting in November,  I like the TST 507 tpms.   It gives both tire pressure and temperature of the trailer tires and an audible warning when limits are exceeded.   My vehicle has a tpms which lights up when the pressure is low.   I like the idea of monitoring all tires (8) on truck and trailer.   Is that overkill?   Do you all just monitor the trailer and rely on the vehicle system for pressure only?   Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I use the TST just for the trailer tires.  My truck takes care of itself!  Mike

Makes sense as four sensors are cheaper than eight.   Thanks

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

On the other hand - 

You might want to consider purchasing 6 sensors:

4 for the Ollie

1 for your spare tire in the tow vehicle

1 spare - just in case.

That one for the spare will help as in most cases checking the air pressure in the spare is a real pain.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

20 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

On the other hand - 

You might want to consider purchasing 6 sensors:

4 for the Ollie

1 for your spare tire in the tow vehicle

1 spare - just in case.

That one for the spare will help as in most cases checking the air pressure in the spare is a real pain.

Bill

Good advice.   The TST has an anti- theft feature for the sensors so I hope they aren't stolen as they're not cheap.   I hadn't thought about the spare tire. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, dewdev said:

Consider another sensor for the Ollie spare tire.

Bill (Topgun)  also suggested that.   It's a very good idea that I didn't even consider before he mentioned it. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

John:

Topgun was suggesting one for your tow vehicle spare. I was suggesting one for the Ollie spare.

Total of 6 and more if you want any spares.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

27 minutes ago, dewdev said:

John:

Topgun was suggesting one for your tow vehicle spare. I was suggesting one for the Ollie spare.

Total of 6 and more if you want any spares.

You're quite right when I read it again.   Six would be the minimum.   My tv spare is under the vehicle.   I haven't checked the air pressure in that tire ever!   Side note,  some car manufacturers don't even have spare tires.   My brother and sister have Teslas.   No spare tire!   Thanks for pointing that out about the Ollie spare. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Trainman said:

I'm setting here thinking I probably need between 10 and 12, why because it's more then 6, do I win.

trainman

Also need more to hand out at Halloween if you run out of candy.   They sort of look like little chocolates. 

• Haha 1

spacer.png