JUGFEST 2010 !

mountainborn

• Moderators

I just love those beautiful early and late season snows...

You know they'll melt before you have to shovel....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Fifteen days have passed since we last mentioned a option of holding the jugfest in a different location. Only two responses were actually in favor of that. So, in order that there be no confusion over where our wild annual event will be held, the no's have it by an overwhelming margin !

We will be at Lake Greeson, Kirby Landing campground again this year !

Woo Hoo ! Mark er' down in yer' book, an, lik' yer' pencil on the end so it will rite' real dark !

JugFest2010, here we come !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Tarp Straps ! They is a wonderful thing for a redneck boy to find along side the highway. And there are so many things they can be used for. I think we aught to have a national Tarp Strap day. A day of celebrating all of the amazing things we can do with a tarp strap. You can buy them at wally world or most automotive supply houses. However the preferred way is to search for them along the highway. Each find is an absolute treasure ! Hw, he, all joking aside, I did find a use for a couple of them today. Here is a look:

STRAPPED

http://mountainborn.blogspot.com/2010/04/strapped.html

>

100_1697.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Betty was in wally world the other day shopping carefully, as always, because they don't always have the lowest prices, and she noted the prices of fish.

Talapia= $1. per pound

Catfish=$4. per pound

Given those figures, last year we caught and consumed hundreds of dollars worth of catfish.

Oh, yeah, we gona' have a blast ! Everybody get their fish hungry on !!

• Moderators

Here is a story about a local fisherman that caught a near world record and refused to enter it for consideration in the State record book. Note his reasoning why. Most locals are subsistence fishermen and a record book entry would quickly reduce his ability to feed his family.

The last paragraph of the article mentions nearby Lake Greeson where we will be.

Hey, get ready ! Wer'e going fishing !

Here is the linK:

http://www.arkansassportsmanmag.com/fishing/catfish-fishing/ar_aa070404a/

• Moderators

I don't know why I am supprised at things changing around somewhat at Kirby Landing campground, but I am, this year they are going to require reservations starting on May 1st.

Reservations may only be made online .

This means that if we camp where we did last year, some or all of us may have to move to another site because the one we are on has been reserved.

The simple solution is for us to all to camp in the newest area (WESTON POINT) that has just been built. It has all new showers, restrooms and everything, and is non reservable.

As we talk to our various attendes, lets be sure to give them a heads up that we might be in a bit of a different location this year.

I will be making some calls to verify the changes and firm up a location so everyone will know for sure.

• Moderators

Here is a link to the various campground areas to help us get the Weston Point area located easier. The Weston Point campground area is the one to the top left, just under the North arrow. Campsites #80 through #103. This way no one will have to rush to get a reservation at this late date. We will all be near each other and won't have to move because someone reserved the site.

Here is the map link:

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundMap.do?topTabIndex=CampingSpot&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73238

• Moderators

After Lengthy negotiation we have finaly closed on a deal for a 2010 Coleman Fifth wheel that is 35'8" long.

Here is a link to look at the actual unit that we are getting:

http://www.campingworldofhouston.com/fifth-wheel/2010/coleman-coleman/127568

Holey schizzle ! Moving from a very easy to tow 17', to a 36' slab sided monster will be quite a change and will require some learning on our part. We may have to leave Jugfest2010 for a couple of days to go make the pickup and drop off our Ollie on consignment.

We are leaving for the lake with our Ollie in a couple of hours. Looks like it may be our last trip in our Ollie. Sad, sad.

• Moderators

Well, as always, if you and Betty are gonna do it, you're gonna do it up right!

That's a beauty of a 5th wheel, Larry. I'm sure you (and the grandkids!) will enjoy it immensely! Lots of space to spread out and enjoy life in your work/camping adventures. It appears to be a lovely home on wheels.

Congratulations.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.