Things are happening...!

As some you know from our signature, we were originally scheduled for a late July delivery. Then, over the winter, the date slipped to August - which was a concern. Steph and I are both teachers up in CT, so once school starts we pretty much can't pick up an Ollie until the December holiday break. With all the supply chain issues, we were worried another date slip would put us in that situation. Then what? Pay to have it shipped up to us? Pay to have it stored until December? Made us really nervous.

Many, many thanks to @SeaDawg who recommended mentioning our predicament to our sales rep. Jason was on leave, so Anita stepped in to take my call. She was great! She took the dates of our summer break and said she'd check around and see if there were any cancelled deliveries on an earlier date. Incredibly, she found an opening on the very first day of our summer break! So, our delivery is now scheduled for June 20!! 😃

But wait, there's more... Got a call a few days ago from OTT. We were planning on the Lithium Pro package. Apparently, those batteries will be unavailable during our build time (chip shortage). 😬 We had three choices: go to a later (August again) delivery date and hope the batteries become available, go with AGMs instead, or upgrade to the Lithium Platinum package at a substantial discount off the standard price. Really only one good option there. So, now our trailer will have 630Ah of lithium instead of 390!  

I have to say, OTT has been wonderful through this whole thing. Our build sheet goes to them tomorrow (still waffling on the street side awning, may have to flip a coin). To be followed soon after by a chunk of our cash. Quite a rollercoaster!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

29 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Our build sheet goes to them tomorrow (still waffling on the street side awning, may have to flip a coin).

Anita is great, she was our rep in 2016. Start a new thread asking for advice about the second awning, add a Poll to make it more meaningful. But with only a day left, maybe you will have to do the coin toss. But if you do choose that second one, and decide a little later to delete it, I bet that could be done.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Just now, John E Davies said:

Start a new thread asking for advice about the second awning

I think I've read every thread about the 2nd awning. No absolute consensus there. We do boondock at a CT state park in the summer. Basically in an open field, so good for solar but it gets hot. And, I like that the awning can help keep light rain off the dinette window. And, and, we absolutely plan to get back to the Southwest during retirement. So, those are all pros. The biggest downside to me will be that it will make snow removal a bit harder. But... we really hope we won't see that much snow after retirement anyway! I think I know which way that coin's falling.

• Like 2

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Given your decision model - you're right, it is a coin toss.

However, it would be easier to add that awning later as opposed to removing it.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

4 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

it would be easier to add that awning later as opposed to removing it

True. But more expensive to retrofit than to include in the build. Ying and yang.

• Moderators

I'm thrilled for you! 

Good luck on the awning decision.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Based on your reasoning, it sounds like you will get the extra awning.

In the winter, I find that my curb side awning is not a  problem as far as snow goes. When it melts, the water runs to either the front or back of the trailer and down the side.

Another benefit to the extra awning is the water does not shed down the side of the trailer leaving water stain marks.

I do not get any water stain marks on the side with the awning. The side without the awning requires me in the spring to remove the stains prior to the first layer of wax.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

6 minutes ago, dewdev said:

Another benefit to the extra awning is the water does not shed down the side of the trailer leaving water stain marks.

I do not get any water stain marks on the side with the awning. The side without the awning requires me in the spring to remove the stains prior to the first layer of wax.

FYI many owners end up removing that fat black rubber rain seal between the awning and the hull, because it traps water, leaves, needles and dirt up top. It makes a real mess and it is hard to clean. I removed my single seal the day after I got the trailer home. If you never park under trees,  you may be happy with it.

John Davies
Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I think I've read every thread about the 2nd awning. No absolute consensus there. We do boondock at a CT state park in the summer. Basically in an open field, so good for solar but it gets hot. And, I like that the awning can help keep light rain off the dinette window. And, and, we absolutely plan to get back to the Southwest during retirement. So, those are all pros. The biggest downside to me will be that it will make snow removal a bit harder. But... we really hope we won't see that much snow after retirement anyway! I think I know which way that coin's falling.

I am leaning towards the second awning also for  the same reasons you listed. 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

My experience - - one awning is plenty. The wind plays havoc on them - two is double trouble.

RB

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

1 hour ago, BackofBeyond said:

The wind plays havoc on them

Yeah, I can see that. Especially the new armless ones. They do make me nervous, but I see the same ones on a lot of the big Class As, so I guess they're OK. I think the old manual awning we had on our 1999 trailer was the strongest we've had.

28 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Yeah, I can see that. Especially the new armless ones. They do make me nervous, but I see the same ones on a lot of the big Class As, so I guess they're OK. I think the old manual awning we had on our 1999 trailer was the strongest we've had.

I picture using the second one partially open to allow the street side windows to be open in light rain,  no wind conditions that we get here in Oregon especially often. 

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Build sheet sent. Wallet lighter. Colors picked and street awning included. Thanks to all for the feedback! Can't wait to get a hull number!

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Build sheet sent. Wallet lighter.

Sure - but - just think of all the money you'll collect with your garage sales and downsizing from that large 5th wheel.😁

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

50 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Build sheet sent. Wallet lighter. Colors picked and street awning included. Thanks to all for the feedback! Can't wait to get a hull number!

Congratulations!   I always say that money is just paper with pictures of dead presidents.   I might feel differently when I send in 40k on the first payment.   That will be in August. 

• Like 2
  • Care 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

9 hours ago, John Welte said:

I might feel differently when I send in 40k on the first payment.

I can tell you that since I made my 50% payment, nothing can wipe the smile off my face! 

• Like 4

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

1 hour ago, Boudicca908 said:

I can tell you that since I made my 50% payment, nothing can wipe the smile off my face! 

Certainly cheaper than the 2023 model!! 

• Like 4

spacer.png

10 hours ago, John Welte said:

Congratulations!   I always say that money is just paper with pictures of dead presidents.   I might feel differently when I send in 40k on the first payment.   That will be in August. 

It only hurts for a short time.  You will forget all about it once you start using your Ollie.  And less expensive than a  BOAT. Break out another thousand!!

• Like 4