Interior Hallway Height: Oliver II versus 27 foot Airstream (Both 2019's)

TALL people... be aware that the Airstream has a higher ceiling than the Oliver II.  I am 72 inches + in the morning, and 72 inches - in the evening. So we are dealing with fractions of an INCH. When your head hits things... a fraction of an inch makes a BIG DIFFERENCE.  Olivers have LESS Headroom than an Airstream.  Period... and I know.  I used a tape measure in the 2019 Oliver II and the 2019 27 foot Airstream.

I saw a new discussion about the Oliver I having the possibility of changes for 2022. Some have suggested maybe the Height may be increased.

Now, I do not want to embarrass anyone having the EXTRA HEIGTH in the Airstream. But here are the measurements:

Oliver center of aisle:  78 inches.

Airstream center of aisle:  78 1/2"

So... if you need MORE clearance walking inside an Oliver or an Airstream... take your shoes off.  Maybe gain that 1/2 inch and now more head clearance.  🙂

• Moderators

Yes, that corresponds with published data. 6'6" interior height, in the II. 

The original Elite is less, I think 6'1.  Though the average height of a USA male is still only 5'9", that's just an average.  Lots of you taller guys (and some gals, too, like some of my friends) around. 

Screenshot_20220304-153015_Google.thumb.jpg.e0a351050ce3eb64da916458b7ae27f1.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

@Mattnan, heels are barred in both our trailer and boats. Thanks for the funny. 😁

• Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 3/4/2022 at 4:47 PM, Mike and Carol said:

At 71.5” the Elite II is no problem.  I did meet an Elite II owner at Catalina State Park in January who seemed to be at least 6’6”!  Maybe he @Mountainman198will chime in!  Mike

Good eye, Mike. At 6’6” I have no issue inside my Elite II. I am a shoes off in the house kind of guy so my experience is in stocking feet. 

• Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW