Anyone having difficulties posting photos?

SeaDawg

• Moderators

I split this from another topic so that others might notice it, and respond if they are also having difficulty attaching photos to their posts.

@Trainman and @DunnYet, what type of devices and browser are you using? Perhaps we have a glitch in our software?

I'm using an android phone, and Chrome, and haven't experienced any issues. I'm curious if other members are also having problems attaching photos.

Thank you.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

16 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

@Trainman and @DunnYet, what type of devices and browser are you using? Perhaps we have a glitch in our software?

I'm using an android phone, and Chrome, and haven't experienced any issues. 

Thank you.

Windows 11 (all released service packs applied) using Edge Version 99.0.1150.30 (Official build) (64-bit)

Photos taken on iPhone in HEIC format, synced to OneDrive then converted on the Windows 11 laptop to JPEG format with extension .jpg and .jpeg (also tested with .png)

Conversion done using the Windows Store provided (Microsoft developed) HEIC driver and built in Photos application (Method "Save As..." -> .jpg or .jpeg or .png)

Photos are viewable on PC and are able to be viewed when uploaded to the link services below.

Have tried the following attachment methods:

(1) Upload directly from local hard drive using "Drag file here to attach, or choose files.." method. Have tried both the drag and chose through the file browser.

(2) Created a public OneDrive link and attempted to use the link in the "insert Image from URL" function on the post.

(3) Created an Imgur account and attempted to use the link in the "insert Image from URL" function on the post.

(4) Uploaded to Box and attempted to use the link in the "insert Image from URL" function on the post.

Error message is "There was a problem uploading the file. Please contact us for assistance." on the "Drag" and "Choose" methods. Links just turn red and don't accept / close.

Hope that helps 🙂 Yes - I am an engineering personality at heart and our company support center is part of my department so I get all the stories that include the line "I don't know ... it just does not work."

• Thanks 1

New Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Maxtow Package "Name TBD"
Original and still available Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "
Reset"
Home Base Duncanville, TX

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg

They will CERTAINLY upload perfectly directly from your iPhone. And I have to ask, why do you still have a Windows laptop? Are you doing all these posts at work? Most Apple users have an iMac or Macbook, they don’t want the constant agony of dealing with Microsoft products. Our two person household has two iMacs, a Macbook Air, two iPhones, two iPads, plus a number of older iPhones that are backups. You could not give me a PC or Android device….. Good luck on your quest to make your Windows work right. Because it never will, but it keeps you employed I guess...😬

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

56 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

They will CERTAINLY upload perfectly directly from your iPhone. And I have to ask, why do you still have a Windows laptop? Are you doing all these posts at work? Most Apple users have an iMac or Macbook, they don’t want the constant agony of dealing with Microsoft products. Our two person household has two iMacs, a Macbook Air, two iPhones, two iPads, plus a number of older iPhones that are backups. You could not give me a PC or Android device….. Good luck on your quest to make your Windows work right. Because it never will, but it keeps you employed I guess...😬

John Davies

Spokane WA

John not going to type it here but when we meet in real life remind me to tell you about my first meeting as CIO with my CEO 🤣

• Like 2

New Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Maxtow Package "Name TBD"
Reset"

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg

52 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Test photo attached. Android Pixel phone. Latest operating system. Chrome browser.

PXL_20210817_000913975.jpg

Ok this photo makes all my problems go away 😀

• Love 1

Reset"

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg

• Moderators

@DunnYet, could you try loading a photo directly from your iphone, just for grins? I think John's suggestion has merits, though sometimes (quite rarely) iPhone photos post sideways or upside down...🙃

Maybe there's an issue with the manipulation from iPhone to windows. It could narrow down the possibilities. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
9 hours ago, John E Davies said:

…And I have to ask, why do you still have a Windows laptop?…

I won’t speak for @Dunnet but as for myself, even though I have an iPhone, I will continue to use window’s for everything else. Windows still holds the title as the world’s most used operating system on desktops and laptops with a 39.5 percent market share. 

I have hundreds of thousands of files stored on a 144TB NAS system. These files contain every photo me or my family has taken in the past 100 years plus mp3 files of every Billboard Hot 100 hit from 1940 on. 

The windows programs that keep all this organized and accessible work very well. It ain’t broke and I don’t want to learn a new system. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, SeaDawg said:

@DunnYet, could you try loading a photo directly from your iphone, just for grins? I think John's suggestion has merits, though sometimes (quite rarely) iPhone photos post sideways or upside down...🙃

Maybe there's an issue with the manipulation from iPhone to windows. It could narrow down the possibilities. 

Sorry for the delay in responding, was on a work trip and finally have a couple of hours on the flight home tonight to catchup. 

@John E Davies you will be happy to know I’m on my iPad rather than the work Precision Workstation Laptop due to extreme turbulence 🙂

Attempt one - Southwest WiFi, iPad, photo selected from my iPhoto library taken on iPhone and synced to iPad via iCloud. No Windows involved in transaction. Upload unsuccessful, same message “Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.(Error code: -200)”

Is it just me 😁 guess I’m limited to painting descriptive word pictures with very long posts.

Returning to perusing the new and improved Southwest drink menu (cocktails have returned) in case turbulence subsides.

• Haha 1

Reset"

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg

Attempt 2 - because I’m a sucker for punishment, have nothing better to do, and mainly because it randomly worked on the towing report thread after throwing an error.

still using iPad Southwest WiFi photo taken on iPhone and synced to iPad via icloud

Edit after posting - I uploaded twice, each time got the error message, second attempt looked like it might work but nothing showed up. I’m now going to try adding the photo in the edit.

Edited by DunnYet
Updating test

Reset"

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg

• Moderators

Are all the photos you're trying to upload manipulated from iphone to storage via the same app?

Ps, with your background,  im sure you've had the same thought.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4