Update recommendations?

sarah1971

Hello!

I’m a new owner of a 2008 LE. Wondering if anyone has a similar vintage and can recommend good updates from the factory or otherwise?  I really like the frosted storage compartment doors and wondered if anyone has had the old sliding doors swapped out for the new style? Would I be “ruining” it by not it original?

• Like 2

Hi, you probably saw this already, is this yours?

https://www.technomadia.com/oliverforsale/

Or this?

https://www.technomadia.com/zephyr/oliver/

It would be helpful if you could provide a build list and any current add-on equipment, or at least post a bunch of pics. Batteries, solar, suspension …? What do you plan to do with her? Boondocking? How many people? 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Hi, Sarah, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see your Ollie in such beautiful condition,  and back on the road.

Brandi Shaffer replaced her sliders in #10. (The adorable red Jellybean). She had new doors manufactured locally. I think she went over the molded plastic trim rings.

We used an Ikea flip up door when we converted the microwave cavity  to a big cupboard. 

You can see some pictures and discussions in the thread below. 

No, I  don't think you'd ruin your Oliver by changing out the doors. Many of us enjoy personalizing and modifying our Ollies.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I'm either time traveling,  or hit with another wave of nostalgia for the old days.

Here's another link where some of the original 2008/2009 owners discussed what they thought could be improved in newer models. Cupboard doors came up often, and a lot of folks were envious of the elite 2 style doors. 

Who did your axle install? Did you get a new axle, and what rating?

PS also looking forward to more photos of your trailer. Like a timex, these original Ollies just "keep on ticking" along the miles and years.

We camped again last year with original 2009 owners. Their trailer still looks pristine.  Mine, not quite pristine,  but pretty darn fine for 2008. I applaud you for bringing yours back! Have fun, and make it yours.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for the speedy replies! I’m so looking forward to making my Ollie my own and seeing what you all have done.  No solar on mine, just marine batteries, and original axle that my repair guy explained had been installed in the higher configuration, so that it essentially has a lift. Sorry if that’s unclear… clearly I’m new at this 😂 Anyway, I kept the original axle as it had lots of life left. I did get new aluminum wheels as the original chrome ones were pretty pitted. I think that most things are stock, no fancy options. Previous owner took off the interior belly band. I have it, but not sure that I want to put it back. Maybe replace with white? 
I go out solo with my dog, sometimes with  my teen kids or a friend. Like to boondock, but am not power or water intensive. I love snow/winter so will get a generator eventually. Not sure about how much I would use solar, but am interested to hear how helpful small arrays are. The tv is gone from my trailer, but screens aren’t really my thing and I LOVE the old sound system interface 😂

Here’s what I posted on my repair guy’s Facebook:

Lance Lacko at Private Reserve Trailer Repair in Sheridan, CA is better than all the king’s horses and all the king’s men! He put my egg back together again 😁💕🎉. I’m so over the moon in love with my Oliver! Some of you may have seen pictures of Hull 25’s previous existence as an adventure rig. After months of logistics and west coast road trips to collect and deliver parts, she is a trailer again!! My first adventure to bring her home is in the books, can’t wait for more.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1