Is Business About To Pickup

DCKiefer

I'm wondering if interest in the Oliver is starting to pickup again, maybe the econimy is slowly turning around. I say this be cause I just logged in and saw that there were five guests on the forum. Most I have seen, but have noticed two or three guests regularly lately.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the same thing. While the economy is still in the porta-potty, Airstream just opened up a lot in the Portland Metro area--a pretty big gamble considering our state's high unemployment rate. They've sold a few trailers in their first week of business. (I stopped by to ogle this afternoon, but my heart still belongs to fiberglass!)

I check in from time to time to see if Oliver has updated its home page, and to drool over the photos.... ;)

• Moderators

I suspect many of us check the factory webpage once in a while as you do, to see if there are any new announcements. So far, I've seen no new announcements since December. As the Oliver is a custom, special order RV with significant lead-time, and camping season is beginning or has begun already in most parts of the country, I would personally be surprised to see any major announcements before fall. (Most people want to order, and have their trailers built, during the off-season so it's ready to go when spring rolls around!)

I've heard their tub business is still doing well, however, and that makes me happy for all the great folks who work in Hohenwald. And, it leaves me with hope that one of these days, as things improve, we'll see the trailer line open again.

Till then, I understand there is still one beautiful, pre-loved and well-known Oliver available--Mountainborn's.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Hi Sherry ! Betty & I are just back from Lake Greeson and are franticly shuffling our stuff to get ready to go to Camping World of Houston, located in Katy, Tx, to pick up our new Fifth Wheel. Our beloved Ollie will be there and available for viewing by intrested buyers. As our days are few, to get ready to depart for the campground that we manage up high in Colorado, we thank you for doing all of the hard work to keep the forums going as we were on the lake with four other Olivers. Could that be a WORLD RECORD, five Olivers rallying in one spot with their owners ?

With luck we leave this afternoon, enroute to Camping World of Houston, Texas. Leaving our Ollie there for sale, will be a sad, sad time for us.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Mountainborn,

You're welcome, though Pete pitched in a lot, too, with administrative/spam ban duties.

I was thrilled to see Geri's photo of five Olivers together on her blog. What a wonderful event. We are so sorry we couldn't be there to make it six, as we had originally hoped.

We all know that you and Betty face a bittersweet experience as you unload your Oliver for the last time and move things into the new fifth-wheel. Although I'm sure it will be difficult to see the Oliver parked on the lot in the rear-view mirror as you leave Katy, TX, you'll have to look forward. The grandkids are going to love camping with Gramma and Grampa!

And who could be better at teaching the young ones the "ropes" and showing them the fun of outdoor adventure than you two! Happy memory making!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

You are right Sherry, nailed it.

>

DCKiefer , sorry bout the thread hijack. You would think I would know better !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Mountainborn, just wanted to let you know that the link you included in your post on fiberglassrv.com isn't working, and folks want a peek!

I know full well how the economy has made people change their course. I'm still trying to sell some property, so I'm still not ready to put my money where my mouth is...or I'd POUNCE on Mountainborn's rig! (Hey, wanna buy 24 acres of production fir, with a spring and a great little site for a cabin?)

Really happy to hear that the tub business is going well, and I'm holding out hope for the return of Oliver's trailers.