Dometic A/C not cooling

Once we got back to Texas after delivery and got a warm day, I found that my Dometic A/C was not cooling.  The fan ran loud and blew air as expected, but no cool air.  I have a service ticket in on it, but thought I'd throw it out here in case there is something dumb that I'm forgetting to do.  Hoping to avoid a trip to a local service provider.    I have tried the thermostat on high, low, and AUTO, I have it on the snowflake and set the temperature on that screen well below cabin temperature.  No errors on the surge protector.  Same result on shore and on 3000W inverter.  Jason had me do a thermostat reset by pressing the mode and up buttons 3 seconds until the "--" appears.  Did not change things.  Any ideas?  

2016 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Max Tow | 2022 Oliver Elite II - Hull#1034 'Hullabaloo' 

• Moderators

Wow - if Jason could not "fix it" who am I to guess?

It looks to me that at this point you should just let Oliver take care of things for you - that is what the warranty is for.

Sorry for the trouble!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out it was a loose wire underneath the A/C shroud on the roof.  In hindsight, I should have listened carefully for the deeper sound of the compressor kicking in.  another way would have been to look at the load on Xantrex app.  With just fan running it shows about 400W, and with the compressor running it jumps to 1100-1200W.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2016 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Max Tow | 2022 Oliver Elite II - Hull#1034 'Hullabaloo' 

I was able to find a good mobile guy to fix it.   I do have the Easy Start.  The repair guy was up there measuring startup currents to the AC and was explaining how it improves the life of the system by greatly reducing the inrush current.  So it may be a good thing even if not purchased solely to get the system to run on batteries.  Basically the same story on a soft start system that I have always gotten from home A/C repairmen.  

• Like 2