Curved levelers

• Moderators

Yes, yes, yes.  Certainly if you are traveling solo these are a big help.  Unfortunately, the Andersens are rather expensive and there are some users that have reported that these "slide" when used on certain surfaces.  But I've had no issues at all in seven years of use.

Bill

• Like 9

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Note that there are occasions when the 4 inch maximum height adjustment of the Andersen curve levelers simply isn't enough.  It is in times like these that it helps to also carry other means of leveling such as "lego" blocks or pieces of wood (or both).  A sense of humor also helps😉.

Bill

p.s.  my Andersens do the job about 90 percent of the time. 

Edited by topgun2
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I’ve been using the Anderson levelers as well, simple & easy…good to about a 4” lift. I recently had to use them at the max height they provide, and they were as stable as when set for less lift. 

• Like 2

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

18 minutes ago, Jstone said:

I’ve been using the Anderson levelers as well, simple & easy…good to about a 4” lift. I recently had to use them at the max height they provide, and they were as stable as when set for less lift. 

I saw a Bluetooth leveling aid that a person can mount in the trailer once the trailer has been leveled so that each time you're getting your trailer leveled at new sites,  you just watch the monitor and know when to stop riding up on the Anderson levelers.  That seemed to be a good idea. 

• Like 5

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

In regards to the Andersen levelers - and a few other items around camp from time to time - I always carry a 1 or 2 pound rubber mallet with me.

When setting the Andersens in place I give each a tap with the mallet in order to make sure that they are firmly in place on each tire.  Perhaps this is the reason I've never had one slip or slide.

Bill 

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I saw a Bluetooth leveling aid that a person can mount in the trailer once the trailer has been leveled so that each time you're getting your trailer leveled at new sites,  you just watch the monitor and know when to stop riding up on the Anderson levelers.  That seemed to be a good idea. 

I watched @Mike D. level their Elite II with his Bluetooth lever (levelmate pro?) and Anderson levelers, and it was quite a slick operation. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

I always carry a 1 or 2 pound rubber mallet with me.

1001 uses..... Never leave home without your Rubber Mallet! 

• Like 5

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

I watched @Mike D. level their Elite II with his Bluetooth lever (levelmate pro?) and Anderson levelers, and it was quite a slick operation. 

That was the name of it.   It looks like it would work great. 

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, ScottyGS said:

1001 uses..... Never leave home without your Rubber Mallet! 

Reason #1002, my wife can use it on me. 

• Haha 4

spacer.png

4 hours ago, John Welte said:

We installed that (LevelMate Pro) and use Anderson levelers (aka Marriage Savers).  I can attest that the combination is absolutely perfect when travelling solo.

mb

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

59 minutes ago, Mattnan said:

We also use Andersen levelers and the bucket for the front jack.

What front jack? 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

There are three jacks.  One behind each rear wheel and the front jack is on the tongue.

I know about that jack,  it was the wording that confused me,  like maybe he put a portable jack in the front aluminum box.   I plan to get that box and put levelers and other things needed at set-up there. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

I like the Anderson levelers, but I actually broke one, I think the level raised up and caught the back tire when rolling off of them. I just pitched it in the trash and ordered a new one as I felt it was probably my fault, probably the wrong thing to do as I read they have a lifetime warranty, oh well on that. I've already forgotten about it till someone started talking about levelers.

trainman

• Thanks 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Trainman said:

probably the wrong thing to do as I read they have a lifetime warranty

Yes, they do have a lifetime warranty.

Bill

• Like 1

We have a very similar curved leveler from one of Anderson's competitors... Beech Lane. It is black instead of orange, *slightly* less expensive (but not significantly so), same max 4" lift, rated at 35,000lb instead of 30,000lb for the Anderson (again, not a significant difference for trailers in the Oliver weight class). Same/similar lifetime warranty (we didn't read all the fine print). They're spec'd/sold by an American company but it looks like they're made overseas somewhere. They're sold in one and two-packs. We gave them the edge back in 2018 based upon some online reviews that *claimed* they were less likely to break than the Anderson model. Our Beech Lane's work fine and have not broken, but we've never had the Andersons, so I can't confirm or refute that claim.

References:

• Thanks 1

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg

On 3/12/2022 at 9:53 AM, topgun2 said:

Yes, yes, yes.  Certainly if you are traveling solo these are a big help.  Unfortunately, the Andersens are rather expensive and there are some users that have reported that these "slide" when used on certain surfaces.  But I've had no issues at all in seven years of use.

Bill

Bill... I have the Andersen levelers.... Did you need to "shorten" them at all... or did they fit right out of the box?  We are leaving end of April to pick up our Ollie and I'm trying to be as ready as possible for a month of traveling immediately following that day  🙂

• Like 1

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

22 minutes ago, FrankC said:

So whose Oliver is in this photo on Amazon for these levelers?

CD72AA68-D742-4E87-967E-0696A2DE3E7F.jpeg

Love the clean look without the lower fridge vent. Looks like it has a SOA lift as well. These two features alone should single this unit out. 

• Like 4

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

Did you need to "shorten" them at all... or did they fit right out of the box? 

While "snug" they DO fit right out of the box.

This is another one of those 1001 reasons to carry a rubber mallet - not only do I use the mallet to "set" the levelers prior to driving up on them but I also use it to "encourage" a leveler if it is being a bit tricky in letting loose from its position.  Again, I travel mostly alone.  This means that there are times when I slightly misjudge how far to move to get the Andersens in a position where it is easy to get that center one out (the one that will always be between the wheels).  With two people this procedure should be easier.  On the other hand - maybe not and that is where the mallet comes in handy (either for the other person or for the leveler😁 or both 😇).

Bill

• Like 3

• Moderators

Those Carmtek levelers look interesting.

I like to install "pull ropes" on both my chocks and anything else that I put under the wheels and/or the Ollies jacks.  Unfortunately, I've not found an easy way to install a pull rope on the Andersens and it looks as though installing ropes on the Carmteks would not be difficult.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, FrankC said:

So whose Oliver is in this photo on Amazon for these levelers?

CD72AA68-D742-4E87-967E-0696A2DE3E7F.jpeg

Wow! Great eye, @FrankC.

Pretty sure that's Overland's Snowball. Only one without a fridge vent cut in that I  know of. And the factory experimented with the lift, but found it unsatisfactory. He posted this photo the factory sent him. 

Probably photoshopped? That black square bucket seems to be in the same spot, left streetside below bumper ...

Screenshot_20220314-150137_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6f55012e1ad7be1fa03265ce8d0f9ec.jpg

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.