What do you do with older (Wet Cell or AGM) batteries that still have "Useful Life" when you do a Lithium upgrade?

SNY SD UP

Do you give/sell them to other TT owners that you may know that can use that type of battery technology?

Give/Sell them "as-is" on the public domain or bring them to a disposal center?

Just wondering.

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

We recycle ours, if they are worn out or if nobody wants them. In many state you are required to recycle lead batteries.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Depends on the age and condition of the batteries - 

If they still have good life in them I'd try to sell them but they still probably will not fetch much in the market because the buyer doesn't know how good them really are.

If they are near he end of their life then I would take them to anywhere that sells automotive batteries like Mike said above.  Another Ollie owner took his dead batteries to NAPA within the past month and they gave him $5.00 each for them.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Another Ollie owner took his dead batteries to NAPA within the past month and they gave him $5.00 each for them.

I got $0.00.  They did unload them from the back of my truck, though!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Most commercial recycling companies will accept lead acid batteries, for example (price per pound):

8F6E69A1-0779-4343-9F6F-396AA777F3FB.thumb.jpeg.b937948b7cf956ff6e1374173141679a.jpeg

It’s up to you to decide if you are willing to drive to one for maybe $35+ cash back, depending on how heavy they are. There is a company that is pretty close to me, but I just let my local Batteries Plus Bulbs store take my four dead AGMs at no cost. I am amused by places that charge you to recycle them, because they make money twice that way. It seems to be a little unethical. FYI, gun ranges have lead removal companies come to harvest the bullets from the berm or traps, and those companies pay the range about $70% of their scrap value. It is a big money maker on both sides.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.