Battery Charging

Landrover

My Oliver 2019 doesn’t have the solar panels, but does have all the options for the 2019 model 4 agms 2000 watt inverter. I still can’t  get it to click on all the charging tech numbers amp hours etc. Question My new TV has a 400watt outlet in the rear bed. I have the adapter 110 to 30 amp cord  for the trailer.  Will this kick on the charging system and charge the battery’s. I’m sure the rate will be slow and the truck will have to be running. So what is the math probability of this? Just thinking if all else fails generator, shore power etc. Thanks

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Do you have the prowatt inverter or the freedom xc inverter/charger?  If you have the freedom unit the charger could be set low enough.  Otherwise a smaller additional charger could be added. If the truck puts out 400 peak watts I’m not sure it’s worth running the truck efficiency wise. 

The inverter for that outlet is mostly worthless.  I tried using a 15 amp Victron smart charger with the “400watt” outlet in my truck (2021 GMC 2500) and it kept turning off.  That outlet is good for charging a cell phone or running a small light, anything else and you will be wasting your time.

John

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887