Funky water system

just bought a 2016 Legacy Elite ll and when i connected to the City water, yes the city water.... my fresh water tank also filled up.This happened on the last day of our 10 day trip. other problems persisted throughout our trip, Poor pressure to the shower/sink in bathroom and only a slight trickle to the kitchen sink cold water. Toilet was fine as was kitchen hot water. Any suggestions for a fix? 

Something similar happened to me recently. Check the four valves near the water pump. In my 2019 there is a diagram on the inside of the fiberglass cover over this area that shows Normal and Boondocking valve configurations. In my case while de-winterizing the pressure was low at the faucets and water was flowing into the tank. Checking the diagram I found that one valve was wrong for the Normal Valve Configuration. After setting the valve correctly things were back to normal. Hope yours is a simple valve configuration issue too.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

There should also be a check valve attached to the pump that prevents city water from running backwards through the pump into the fresh water tank. A common point of failure that will cause the same symptoms.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Poor water pressure and flow means either gunked up faucets and aerators (hard water deposits), or possibly plastic shards from the manufacture of the fresh tank. You are going to have to do some exploratory surgery, open up some fixtures and water line connections to see what is going on. Start by removing the plastic bowl under the water pump to see if there is debris in the screen. Hard water deposits can be helped by flushing with a vinegar water mix, to dissolve them. Be sure to treat the hot water heater too. It is the hot lines that create the problem. Blocked lines require disconnecting at both ends and back flushing with water or compressed air. Either method will be messy, wear safety glasses and try not to shoot water where it should not go (electrical stuff!). Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

32 minutes ago, Boudicca908 said:

The settings for the configurations are described on the Oliver University video! 

He's got a 2016 and has the picture describing the configuration.  Not sure if the video show the 2016 version or just mentions it. 

• Like 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, ScottyGS said:

if the video show the 2016 version

I didn't pay attention to whether the video was specifying "for these years built..." but it shows the diagrams and very clear instructions spoken and shown on the video of how to move the levers to change the mode. I wrote them down and watched it 3 times, because they went through it so quickly. GLAD they showed it or I wouldn't have known.

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

• Moderators

The "proper" configuration for those valves should be shown in a drawing that is included in your delivery instructions.  In addition - many (if not all) Ollies have a diagram of these proper positions taped under the street side bed so that they can be referred to while making adjustments.  If your particular Ollie doesn't have this drawing then I'd suggest a copy be made and taped in that location.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 3/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, Kingofpauls said:

KingofPauls:

First, please take a few minutes to fill in your signature line.  Having the standard info below your E-mails is very helpful to others.  TopGun2's is a good example.  

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

If the very excellent responses above do not seem to solve your problem,  kindly send me a PM.  But please run to ground the info above first.  

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...