How many wheel studs?

Yes, six because Oliver chooses to buy ******* axles, pardon the expression, with the bolt pattern of a heavy 5000 pound axle, but the bearings and spindles of a 3500 pound axle. So you cannot install a plug and play disk brake kit, there are none offered. 😤

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I replaced mine with these:

https://www.drivenproducts.com/collections/lug-nuts-lug-bolts-wheel-locks/products/1-2-20-closed-end-bulge-acorn-lug-nut-3-4-hex-60-degree-cone-seat-1?variant=17381703712825#product-specifications

You can order these in a set of 24.

I did this after my torque wrench slipped and mangled the metal skin on one of the factory nuts.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

I was considering replacing mine too after finding three cracked on the same wheel while repacking my bearings. I replaced them with clad for the time being. Is there a down side to using the solid lug nuts on these rims? I was considering the stainless steel ones.

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

5 minutes ago, Corvus said:

I was considering replacing mine too after finding three cracked on the same wheel when repacking my bearings. I replaced them with clad for the time being. Is there a down side to using the solid lug nuts on these rims? I was looking at the stainless steel ones.

I was concerned about possibly affecting wheel balance, but Oliver told me that wouldn't happen or be very slight. I was also concerned about the shape of the nut being correct to seat in the rim, but a careful comparison between the old and new showed that the new would fit properly. I have towed about 300 miles since with no issue.

When you get your Oliver, check the nuts against anything you might buy. Mine is a 2021 LEII. I do not know if they changed the wheels on later years. The threads inside the nut should be at least as deep as the lug bolt. Some nuts are multi-piece with a welded cap, so the threads do not go as high as needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Planning to replace the stock clad lug nuts with solid chromed ones when we install our TPMS.

The lug nuts that Oliver uses are stainless steel clad and should not rust.  

Yes, these are not quite as shiny as chrome but the first dirt road will take of that issue.😃

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

The lug nuts that Oliver uses are stainless steel clad and should not rust.

Unfortunately, living in the Corrosion Capital of Connecticut, sometimes the steel under the stainless jackets corrodes and they swell up. They'll look OK, but the wrench socket will bind.

• Wow 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

For anyone getting replacement lug nuts, make sure you get the proper type for aluminum wheels.  The correct ones are the “bulge acorn” type which have a larger conical seating surface for use on aluminum wheels.  Aluminum wheels are softer than steel wheels and require the larger seating surface.  The ones installed by Oliver are the correct bulge acorn type so get the same style.   “Acorn” type have a smaller conical face and are for steel wheels.  

E3125FF5-9ED8-45E5-A31E-17B7D2A492D9.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 7